chapter nine

Chapter nine-

                The sky started to change into vibrant reds, yellows, and oranges. I stared up into the sky in a complete daze. It was like a symphany, all the colors had their own feelings. I sat on the ground with my knees up to my chest, and I had my arms wrapped around my legs, and I just sat there for hours staring up into the sky. I heard rustling in the leaves, and I turned around and saw Evian. I turned my back to him again looking up into the sky.

                “ I heard you ditched your last two classes, and your brother has been freaking out because you haven’t been answering your phone for the past three hours,” Evian said sitting down next to me. I turned away from him one for the fact I was still mad at him, and two I was wearing a skirt…  I gave him the silent treatment, so he also sat there in the silence. I didn’t know if he was looking at me, or the sky. “Listen Ty,” he said clearing his throat. It went quiet again, as though he was waiting for me to say something. “ I-…” He stopped again. “ Im sorry Ty,” He said very quietly. I closed my eyes, and tilted my head down looking at my knees.

                “ Evian,” I whispered. “ Your girlfriend is a real bitch,” I hissed. To my surprise he started laughing.

                “ You have to get to know her, she isn’t that bad of a person though,” he sighed.

                “ First impressions buddy,” I muttered.

                “ Im sorry Ty, I know you heard what she and I both said, and I feel bad. Like really bad,” He said sounding sorrowful.

                “ Its fine dude,” I muttered.

                “ It’s obviously not fine,” He said sharply.  “ Your mad at me, I can tell.”

                “ Damn right im mad at you,” I said turning my head to look at him. “ but I forgive you,” I said shaking my head. I turned back around looking at the sky. “ Im still mad but I forgive you. I’m also disappointed,” I shrugged.

                “ Disappointed?” He asked.

                “ yeah, disappointed. When I meet people I automatically have respect for them, until they do something that loses my respect, and out of all the people I never imagined you losing my respect but you did, and you have to gain my trust again, and rebuild my respect for you,” I whispered.

                “ I feel like an idiot,” he muttered.

                “ You are,” I smirked. I felt his arms wrap around me, and at first I was froze.  Finally I relaxed in his grip.

                “ I told Liz that you are my best friend, and that we are close, and if she can’t handle that then obviously we shouldn’t be together,” he whispered. I leant back into his chest with my legs out in front of me.

                “ What did she say?” I asked.

                “ She was not happy about it, but she agreed to it,” he laughed. A smirk played across my face. “so, can I ask what’s with the sudden change?” I let out a sigh.

                “ I… I wanted to change. I feel like I needed a change, but I don’t know who I changed for….” I muttered shaking my head.

                “ Maybe you changed for yourself?” he questioned.

                “ I don’t know… I never had a problem for who I am, but it just started to get irritating… everyone seeing me as a dude,” I laughed.