Chapter 3-- Hot peppers!

3- Hot peppers

Jane's POV

Luca and I were currently sitting in the bathroom while I attended to his wounds. Thank god my parents were our for they night shifts, saved me a whole lot of questions.

When Luca calmed down in the alley, I demanded that we go to the hospital. The knife wound on his upper arm looked pretty bad and I thought it might need stitching, but Luca quickly refused. He seemed very frightened at the idea and that's what lead us to my house.

Indeed, his wound needed stitching and at that moment I was grateful for my mom that she made me learn those basic first aid rules three years ago. Ofcourse, that didn't make stitching his wound any easier. It gave me goosebumps every time I inserted the needle into his skin.

Luca, though, didn't seem to be in pain, and if he did he didn't show it. The whole time he was staring at me like some kid who found his long lost mother. His gaze made me slight uncomfortable but I tried to ignore it and finish fixing him up.

"Why aren't you afraid of me?" He suddenly blurted out as I was bandaging his stitched wound.

I stopped mid way and look up to meet his gaze. "Do I have to?" I asked.

"Uhmm...no...its just that....everyone else seems to find me scary, but you......you....you just don't." He answered stuttering like he didn't know how to express what he wanted.

"Yeah. I don't find you scary." I replied and went back to bandaging his wound.

"Even when you saw how I beat up the boys earlier?" He asked with hesitation.

"You looked afraid." I blurted out and our eyes met again. He looked taken back for a moment. Our gazes didn't hold onto each other for long before I averted my eyes back to his wounds. I already finished badging his upper arm and directed my attention to his knuckles. They were bruised and cut from all the punches he threw.

Luca didn't say anything after and I was left attending to his wounds in awkward silence.

When I was all done, I put everything back in the first aid kit, then placed it in its cabinet behind me. I turned around to face Luca and saw that his eyes were still on my face.

"Uhmm...would you like something to eat?" I asked. I was getting more uncomfortable under his gaze.

He seemed to have snapped out of a daze as he slightly shoke his head then offered me a genuine smile, a smile I've never seen from him before. "Ah....yes...that'd be great. I'm starving." He finished with a light chuckle. My face broke into a small smile and I started making my way out the bathroom, Luca following.

"So, what would you like to eat?" I asked as we entered the kitchen.

"Anything. I don't really mind." Luca shrugged.

"Wanna make some pasta?" I asked.

"Like....do it from scratch and everything?" He asked curiously.

I nodded my head. "Yup."

"Do you know how to make it?" He asked again to which I chuckled.

"If I didn't know how to, I wouldn't have offered." I said sarcastically, making Luca laugh lightly.

"Okay then. Lead the way." He said, gesturing with his hand towards the inside of the kitchen.

---------

"LUCA! What are you doing?!" I asked exasperated, but I couldn't hold my laughter.

Luca stopped mid way of what he was doing and looked at me. "What?!" He asked innocently while I was trying so hard to calm down my laughter but to no vail.