☞E I G H T

Cecilia Berg

Tuesday, 6:47pm:

I've been driving myself crazy, the walls are thin as hell which means I can hear a pin drop in the next room. All day the doctors and nurses have been walking in and out of my room as they please, taking tests and shining lights in my eyes; amazed that I fortunately won't be suffering from any brain damage.

"Honey it's unhealthy to be on your phone so much." Mom sighs, lifting her eyes off the magazine in her hands from beside me.

"What? Do you want me to watch the TV?" I ask, gesturing to the wall in front of me with no TV.

She kisses her teeth and rolls her eyes, resuming reading until her phone rings. "Hello?"

She sighs, rubbing her forehead. "Yeah, okay," she nods her head. "No, I'll be right over," She says before hanging up.

My mom stands, shrugs on her jacket before kissing my head. "I'll be right back, Chloe's whining to come and see you."

I chuckle, ignoring the pain in my ribs it caused. "Alright, see ya' later."

She exits and I resume texting Sam; telling him it's okay for not visiting me last night. He said he waited for hours but by the time my mom and Chloe left - he doctors needed to run more scans and wouldn't let him in.

I still haven't heard from my boyfriend, Nate, only a short text message from last night.

From Skate💙:

Hope ur ok baby.

No kisses, no hearts or nothing. It made me worry about him ruining his last chance...he promised he wouldn't.

From Sammy Wilk✊🏼:

U free?

To Sammy Wilk✊🏼:

Yeah, come on up.

Then the door opens and in walks Sammy, I furrow my eyebrows at him. "Did I fall asleep?" I ask, he chuckles and places a bouquet of roses on my bedside table with a teddy bear and card. "Are those from Nate?" I ask, my lips turning up into a smile.

Maybe he's just been too busy to visit his girlfriend in hospital?

"No, they're from me." Sam frowns, sitting down where my mom previously sat.

"So where you waiting outside or something?" I sigh, slowly reaching over to grab the teddy bear but he meets me halfway and hands me it.

"No, I was comin' to surprise you and saw your mom on the way up," He shrugs, sitting back in the chair to look around the room. "No TV? What the fuck."

I hum in response, hugging the teddy bear with one arm whilst my other hand presses the call button beside Nate's name.

I don't know whether it was my mind playing tricks on me or just pure coincidence. "Do you hear that?" I ask Sam.

"Hear what?" He furrows his eyebrow, leaning forward in the chair.

"The phone ringing, do you hear that?" He nods. I let it go to Nate's voice mail before calling again, confirming that it is infact his phone next door.

Hayden's room.

"I'm gonna' fuckin' kill them."

• • •

Comment your thoughts!

120+ votes?

Go follow ChelseaLucas5 and read her book!

Tumblr// iamnateslilmama
IG// iamnateslilmama
Twitter// yxbxtch