He frowned. "Why?"

"It took me years to convince her to come back and bitch was still stubborn as a mule. You, on the other hand, went there for three weeks and cast some kind of evil love spell on her and now she's a permanent citizen of the United States of America again."

He laughed at her words. "She changed me too." Oh, was he glad Skylar did.

"You two are so sick."

**

She had come here to New York with complete uncertainty. She kept wrangling with herself as she sat on the plane for sixteen hours and sat in the cab for almost forty-five minutes to reach the Boyd mansion. She didn't even know what she was doing, not even when she had finally gotten a taste of Ethan's kiss after five days too many.

They were so focused on one another that it took his mother loudly pronouncing his name to capture their attention. Heather Boyd, a powerful woman in and of herself, had a pensive smile on her face as she addressed the two of them, "Why don't you introduce us, Ethan?" She didn't make it noticeable but Skylar, having been experienced at being skeptical and cautious, could sense the underlying tone beneath the woman's voice.

Ethan, still oblivious, reluctantly pulled away, keeping an arm looped around Skylar's waist. "Mom, this is - " he then looked back down at her and she couldn't more glad that he was there to hold her up " - Skylar." There was a new purpose in his eyes that she hadn't seen just two minutes ago. And the way he spoke her name, it was like he found clarity once more.

Mrs Boyd had shook her hand with the same pensive smile, instantly swinging around to arrange a guest room for her, which prompted a frown from Ethan. When he told his mother that Skylar would be staying in his bedroom with him, they both looked at him in shock.

"She's staying in my room, Mom," he said firmly and then he looked down at her. "You're staying in my room."

"I mean...I can..." She hooked a thumb over a shoulder, shooting Mrs Boyd a wary glance. "I don't want to impose. I can just book a hotel room."

"That would be a fine idea."

"Nonsense."

The mother and son spoke simultaneously, which made them look to each other again; Ethan with a hint of incredulity and her mother with a heavy sense of disapproval.

"Skylar is staying in my room," he finally said in a terse voice, tugging on Skylar's hand to pull her up the stairs.

That really wasn't a good start. She decided to not say anything except sending his mother an apologetic glance as she let herself be tugged along by Ethan. Honestly, as much as she wanted to talk and know more about Mrs Boyd, she wanted to talk to him more. She was led down a series of hallways and corridors, bypassing god knows how many doors until they reached one with the same fucking door.

How did he even recognize it with all the same doors?

Once he'd shut the door behind him, she found herself with her back pressed against it, completely enveloped in Ethan's stiff body as he kissed her senseless. She returned the favor with similar fervor and heat. She had missed this. She could hardly believe that she went by five days without feeling the burn of his stubble and the firm maneuvers of his tongue and the taste of his unique cinnamon scent.

They'd allowed each other small but deep gasps of air in between before going back to inhale one another into their very own souls. They couldn't get enough of each other. It was so intense and passionate to the point where they just ignored the big elephant in the room and went to bed, tearing each other's clothes off in a hurried motion.