Chapter 33

I woke up the next morning with a thumping headache. I didn't remember much of the night before. I turned over in bed to see Alex snoring peacefully next to me. I have a vague image of Josh next to me last night in this bed, was it real? The very thought made my head throb. I closed my eyes and went back into the world of sleep.

*

I awake to a kiss, startling me slightly. I pulled back to see Alex leaning over me, smiling slightly.

"Hey there." He whispered.

"Hey." I said, putting a hand to my head.

"You got pretty wasted last night." He stroked my hair, laughing.

"You don't say?" I smiled.

"Yeah. Josh was really helpful; taking you home and all." He said with an edge of jealousy.

"He took me home?" I sat up quickly.

"Um...yeah? Then he went back to the party and told me. Good guy." Alex shrugged.

"Why didn't you take me home?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I...well...I kind of saw this girl I knew and we were talking for a while. I just thought you were having fun so I didn't, you know, stop you." Alex scratched the back of his neck.

"Oh.." I bit my lip.

"Anyway. I think you should give Josh a ring. He deserves a thanks." Alex got up, walking downstairs.

I fell back on my bed, feeling a range of emotions.

Josh took me home. He obviously helped me in bed. God knows what else he helped me with. I was too drunk to even speak. I only remember speaking to Josh in the bathroom-rather rudely- then going downstairs with Alex where the rounds of drinks kept coming.

Did I...kiss Josh? No. No I couldn't have. But there's always that possibility, isn't there?

I have to call him.

I reached for my phone and rung his number. He picked up on the third ring.

"Hello?" He said tiredly.

"Hey. It's Jen." I said.

"Jen." His voice lightened up, making me smile.

"I just wanted to thank you...for last night. I mean, it's hard to remember, but Alex just told me about what you did. So...thank you." I fiddled with my fingers.

"It's okay. It felt good to help you out after so long." He said quietly, making me blush.

"It felt good...to be helped out after so long. Not that I remember, but I think it did." I said as he laughed.

"We should uh- catch up sometime soon. Not when you're like wasted. But, hey, whatever works." He said. We joined each other in laughter.

"Sure thing." I smiled, feeling suddenly a lot better about everything.

"Sweet. I'll...I'll see ya Jen." He said, obviously happy.

"I'll see ya Josh." I grinned.

We let a comfortable silence pass before hanging up, and I put down the phone with a sigh of relief.

"All good?" Alex popped his head in, and I laughed.

"Yeah. All good." I said, making him smile.

"Good." He walked over, sitting next to me.

"Would it be wrong to kiss you right now?" He smirked.

"I highly doubt so." I winked.

"That's my girl." Alex said, before leaning in and crashing his lips onto mine.