Epilogue

• Dedicated to Erin Llamavich :)

This is the last author's note for this story since well, THIS IS THE VERY LAST PART! D': I absolutely loved writing this story and am sad to see it go. This is entered in the Watty Awards and I am very proud of this work so I'm going to see how far it gets.

Anyway enough of my annoying ranting, because this is the last ever rant in this book. I am super sad, greatly so and so is everyone who has been there with me right the way through. So without further or do, I give you the epilogue!

Epilogue For Hopefuls

  The person looking back at me looked nothing like I did two years ago. I was staring at the mirror, at the reflection looking back at me. I had long hair; it just reached my lower back. My eyes were still the same but they were older somehow, as if my experience made me ten years older.

  I had the scar. It wasn’t going away anytime soon. It was on my left side and was round, like the bullet that made it.

  “You shouldn’t look so worried on your birthday.” Ansel stood in the doorway. He smiled gently at me through the mirror.

  “Well not every day you move out of the hellhole you were forced into for four years.” I replied, sadly, quietly.

  “Hey,” He came over and wrapped his arms around my waist and I leaned against him. “Look at yourself, you’re beautiful. Long dark hair that you always wanted, you’re tall enough to reach my chin finally, you are wearing a gorgeous dress given to you by your best friends, and you have my heart.”

  I smiled brightly at him. “And you have mine.”

  Ansel and I have been dating for almost two years. It was June two years ago when I was shot but that’s all behind us now. Lucas had to get counselling and Faye also had to go because as soon as Leila and Harry found out, it was a new level of hell. Cameron grew cold over the years and barely speaks to any of us. Ansel’s the only one who can get him to have a decent conversation.

  I was wearing a black dress. It had shoestring straps and had a heart shaped neck line. The bodice hugged my every curve down to my waist where the skirt flared out. It reached my knees and was just long enough that I didn’t have to wear leggings underneath which would have clashed. The dress was plain but it was really pretty.

  I was looking at Ansel and I in the mirror and I saw him smile back at me. He was nineteen and would turn twenty in May. He was even taller than two years ago and I was glad I grew as well so I didn’t have to completely go on my tip toes to kiss him. His hair had grown longer so it ended up in his eyes often but he looked cute. And hot, very hot. His muscles had grown to the point where you could easily see them through his shirt. He was always clean shaven and his blue eyes seemed to look brighter all of a sudden.

  “What’s on your mind?” I asked placing my hands over his that were still wrapped around my waist.

  “Just the fact that you’re finally eighteen and that we’re moving in together.” He mumbled against my neck.

  “I’m moving in with Lucas and Faye too you know.”

  “Not for long though. We’re moving to New Zealand next week.”

  “And so are Lucas and Faye.”

  He groaned. I loved teasing him.

  I turned around in his arms to face him. “Stop worrying. You know I’m happy to be moving in with you. Actually if you look at it we’ve already lived together for two or four years, depending on how you look at it. You have stayed over here more nights than you stayed in your own flat.”