Chapter 3- Shop 'Till You Drop

To add to my hints anywhere and everywhere I also tend to jump straight into the action. Also just remember they have known each other for a long time... I can't tell you what to keep that in mind for because that will ruin the story D:

Shop ‘Till You Drop

  By the time it was Friday I was utterly exhausted. The whole week went by swiftly. During the day I did my studies and then went to the book store to read and work. Ansel stared at me often as if trying to figure something out. I occasionally stared back showing off my special eyes.

  My eyes have amber, blue/green, green, blue and make me look special really. My eye colour is like no other and I love using it to stare at people. Although my eyes don’t freak people out like Faye’s eerie light blue ones do.

  Anyway Diane loves me and she showed me everything there is to know about looking after books. I now worship her as if she were a Greek goddess. Ansel watches me wearily as I smile at books and gently run my fingers over the covers every day. I am strange and books seem to call out to me. Sometimes books are nicer than people.

  It was now just a plain Friday night and I lay on my bed staring at the ceiling. My ceiling has four glow in the dark butterflies blu tacked to it. On my window sill wind chimes are screwed to the top and catch the sunlight every morning. I have pictures stuck to my walls with no space left for anymore. I also have plenty of shelves covered in ornaments. I have no photos of people at all because they were confiscated. My big queen sized bed takes up most of the room but it still leaves room for a desk and some floor space. I like my room, but I prefer my room back when I was with my family.

  I sighed and grabbed my laptop off of my desk shoved in the corner. My laptop has a purple flower design on top that my step dad put on for me ages ago. My nana brought it for me after my stepdad had rebuilt a laptop for me and gave it to me for Christmas one year. I love my laptop, even more so that I am exiled from my family because every single one of them helped me make my computer experience much better.

  A tear slipped down my cheek as I turned my computer on. I can’t go back home anytime soon because they would never let me. Leila and Harry even made sure that I had no contact with them what so ever. My email was blocked from contacting them, my phone wouldn’t get me anywhere near hearing their voices and my letters always ended up being sent back to me. I couldn’t even get a hold of my old friends.

  I took a deep breath and started writing as per usual.

  Sometime later my over head light spluttered and died and my charger to my computer stopped working. I pulled out the charger and expected the worst: a power cut. But the neighbours’ lights were still on... One of the boys must have toyed with the power box again.

  I sighed but stayed on my computer. It’s a laptop after all and is always fully charged.

  Knocking on my door alerted me to the others of the house.

  “Yeah?” I called out.

  Faye opened my door and didn’t even bother saying hello. “Your computer’s working?”

  “Well yeah. Isn’t yours? It’s a laptop to.” I replied, pulling my precious computer a little closer to me.

  “No. I only charge it when it needs charging. What are you going to do on your computer?”

  I rolled my eyes at her; she never charges her computer unless it’s close to dying. “I am about to watch the latest episode of the Vampire Diaries.”

  “You like the Vampire Diaries?” Her voice showed disbelief which caused me to narrow my eyes at her.

  “Why do you care?”