Let's Tell A Story.

"Emma!" I yell from downstairs of my house. "Get off your phone! It's girls night!"

Emma and I decided that we needed to have a sleepover. We haven't had one sense school started which makes me sad. It is my fault too. I've been putting a lot of my time in with Jonathan. My main friends are her and Jonathan.

"Hold your horses!" I hear her stomp down the stairs, still holding her phone. "What are we going to eat before the movie?"

Whenever Emma and I hang out, we go out and see a movie. It's always...interesting with her.

"My mom is making something in the kitchen right now, why don't you go see?" I sat folding the laundry on the couch. I was told I have to do my chores first.

"But what if your mom gets mad?" she starts to smile.

"For one, you practically are my sister. Two, she knows how you eat. She's not going to be mad. Shoo!" I make a hand motion to get her to go away.

I keep folding and thinking. I wonder if I should tell Emma about my new-found crush on Jonathan.

I hope she's supportive.

****

"Oh my god!!" Emma yells. "Black Widow is SOO hot!! I mean look at her hair. OMG!! I would bang her!"

She gets shushed. Yes, we're in the middle of the movie...yes, she's yelling.

"Emma, if you don't shut up I will personally drag you out of here by your hair!" I whisper over to her. I'm surprised we haven't been kicked out. She started when the trailers came up.

"Please do!" Someone shouted from the bottom row.

Emma bowed her head and pouted. "Mind your own, old man."

I start to giggle and she pouts more.

"Aweee! My Emma Poo is all sad that she got yelled at!" I whisper and pinch her cheek. She slaps my hand away.

"I'm not sad. I'm mad that I can't tell Scarlet Johansen that I'm in love with her. I have a girl crush." She whispers back and a smile overtakes her face.

We finish the movie without anymore yelling or shouts of old men.

We start to walk home at 8:00 pm. It's still pretty bright out.

"Rae, what are you going to do when we get out of high school? You know, a career path?" Emma asks.

"The Slender Man." I reply automatically and Emma laughs.

"Why would you want to be him?!" She exclaims.

"Think about it," I say in all seriousness. "He lives in the woods alone, he has a nice suite, doesn't worry about what people think of him. He's goals!" I express.

"He takes kids! Rae are you crazy!?" She's still smiling, but stunned with my answer.

"Okay, I wouldn't take kids! I draw the line there. But I would have to choose to take something. Like puppies! I would take puppies and let them grow up with me! Then I would give them back! Perfect!" I throw my hands up. I'm a genius!

Emma covers her face. "You're really crazy. I'm getting rid of you."

I shrug. "If you can't find a well paying job, you can come live with me and my puppies"

"Okay! New topic because I was just about to describe how to kill you." Emma says while kicking a rock.

"I don't know. How's school?" I say and look ahead to see where almost to my house.