Rian- I Loved You Then and I Love You Now

Work was boring as always. You worked as a hotel maid, and you hated every single one of your co workers. They all started so much drama and would always try to include you in it.
     "Did you hear what Samantha said?" Jessica asked you in her usual bitchy voice.
     "No, and I don't care," you answered. Four more minutes until it was the end of your shift, and you weren't spending it talking to Jessica.
    "Apparently All time Low is staying here," Jessica said, ignoring your decline to hear what she had to say. You froze up. All time Low. Like Rian Dawson from All Time Low?
    "That's great. Oh would you look at that, it's the end of my shift." You said, quickly slipping out of the hotel.
    Jumping in your car, you raced home. It couldn't be. You weren't ready. Not yet.
    "Mommy!" A little voice yelled from beneath you.
   "Hey baby girl," you replied, picking her up and setting her on your hip.
    "How was work?" She asked. For a five year old she was very polite and smart.
     "It was great, how was school?" You asked her, sitting her at the table and started boiling water for pasta. She rambled on about how her day went, but you weren't listening. All you could think of was Rian.
     The pasta was soon ready and you and Caroline ate, after-wards you put her to bed and put your exhausted self to bed, too.
    -time skip-

Today was the day. You had promised yourself to at all means stay away from the whole band, as all of them would recognize you.
    Calling the babysitter, you headed off to work with your brave façade slowly cracking.
     "You'll be taking care of floor 8 today, okay?" Your boss asked -well it was more of a command.
   You nodded and got your cart ready, going up to floor 8. When the elevator doors opened, out stepped the oh so familiar face of Rian Dawson. You swung your head down, trying not to make him notice you, but that failed.
    "Y/N? I've been looking everywhere for you!" He exclaimed. You smiled brightly back.
    "It's nice to see you too Rian. But I have to go, you know, work." You said, hurrying off into the elevator.
    Before the doors could shut, he squeezed himself through.
    "So what's going on with you?" He asked. Your heart sped up.
     "Haha, oh nothing," you said, trying to play your rapid heart beat off.
Fuck it. You thought.
      "Do you want to come over for dinner tonight?" You asked, he needed to know.
     "That would be awesome actually, is 6:30 okay?" He asked, a wide smile taking over his features. You nodded and told him your address and then actually left to go do your job.
   Everyone seemed to ignore you, which you couldn't tell if that meant good or not. You only thought of the cons as you were driving home.
What if he doesn't want her? What if he hates me for keeping it from him ? Your thoughts progressed on, worrying you. You glanced at the clock for the first time today. 6:25 it read.
     "Shit!" You exclaimed as you saw another car pull up behind you. Stepping out, you smiled behind you and waited for him to catch up to you.
    "I'm a little late, sorry." You said sheepishly. He waved it off as it was nothing and said you could just order take out. Opening the door, Caroline ran at you, jumping into your arms.
    "Hi mommy. Who's this?" She asked Rian.
    "That's Rian, one of my friends." You answered her, setting her down to go play. She ran away from your embrace.
     "You have a daughter? Who's the dad?" He asked curiously. You rubbed the back of your neck, looking down.
     "No," he whispered, realizing why you were nervous.
     "Yeah," you said, looking back up at him.
     "That's... Awesome? I guess?" He said, as if it were more like a question.
     "You're not mad?" You asked, covering one of the biggest things you were worried about.
     "No! No, not at all. I can see why you never told me." He answered with a smile. "I think I also need to tell you something." He said, never breaking eye contact.
Oh no. "What is it?" My you asked worriedly.
     "I- I never stopped loving you. Even since college. I could never get over you. I had a girlfriend, but I broke up with her just before coming here. Look, I'm just asking for another chance, with my daughter and you," he said, in what seemed to be one breath.
     "Of course." You smiled widely. His eyes flashed with realization and he quickly pulled you into his arms.
"We're not getting take out, I'm taking my beautiful family out," he smiled. You turned around to call Caroline, but she was already standing at the top of the stairs.
"You're my daddy?!" She asked excitedly, running towards Rian, jumping into his arms.
"Yes, I'm your daddy." He laughed.

Finally a family.