Alex- Arguments

Alex had been coming home later every night and it had led you to believe one thing; he was cheating. You waited for what seemed like a lifetime on the couch. You heard the door open quietly and you glanced at the clock. 4:31 am it read.
         "Alex, can we talk." You asked quietly, careful not to set the inevitable argument off sooner.
         "Uh, yeah, but it'll have to be quick, I'm pretty tired." He said, rubbing his eyes.
         "Well, I've just been wondering where you're going at this time of night, every night. It can really only lead me to believe one thing.." I trailed off. Alex's eyes held an immense amount of hurt.
         "You think I'm cheating on you? Y/N, I would never." He said in a sad tone.
         "Then where have you been going to be coming home at 4:30 in the morning Alex?!" I say, raising my voice slightly.
          "It's-Its a secret." He said looking at his feet. "I can't tell you.." He trails.

Tears form in my eyes. "Just what I suspected." I muttered. "What is this big 'secret', Alex? Huh? What is it?" I scream at him, tears falling freely from my eyes.
          "Y/N, I just can't tell you. I'm sorry." He says sadness clear in his eyes.
         "You're sleeping on the couch." I say, regaining my confidence, I turn around and jump up the stairs, only to lay in bed crying for hours on end.

|-/

I woke up at noon, which was pretty early on my summer holiday. The smell of bacon could be smelled from my bedroom. Ah. Food to win me back over. I got out of bed and walked down the stairs. Eggs and bacon were laid out on the dining table and Alex was at the stove.
          "Good morning," he said without turning around.
          "Mhmm" I said in reply, not too keen on talking to him yet. "What's all this for? Winning me back?" I say, with a bit of a bitchy tone.
           "You'll see," he responds, smiling to himself. I sit myself down at one end just as he sets him plate down at the other. We eat in a silence that's neither awkward nor comfortable, just silence.

        Something hard hits my tooth and I freak out a little, frantically pulling it out of my mouth. It looks like something shiny, so I get up to go rinse it off. Once it's all clean, I see that it's a diamond engagement ring.
        "Alex.." I trail off, turning around to see him knelt down before me taking the ring from my hand and proposing it to me.
         "This is what the secret was. I've been at Jacks planning this for some time now. Now for the big question,
Y/F/N, will you marry me?" Alex says, with eyes full of love and a smile full of joy.
       My hands fly up to my mouth and I hear a shutter sound effect. Without second thought "Yes! A million times yes!" Erupts from my mouth. He stands up and easily slide the ring into my finger and pulling me into a kiss. More shutter effect and heard and I pull away, staying in Alex's arms, and look over to see Jack smiling like a madman with a Nikon D3200 in his hands.
         "I love you, and I'm sorry for staying out so late," Alex whispers in my ear. I reply by planting a small kiss on his jawline and turn back to Jack,
        "Have you been here the whole time?" I ask, I didn't see him at all this morning until now.
         "Yeah, but I only came out of hiding when you washed the ring off." He answered. "Oh, and congrats you two." He says with another smile playing at his lips.
        "Thank you." I say, pulling him into a hug, and Alex joining.

This is going to be a good life.

___________________________

Is this short? Do you guys want them longer or shorter?