Chapter 11

Willow's P.O.V 

When monday comes, the seed of dread that planted itself in my heart blossoms more. I walk slowly to my locker my head hung down. The guilt that's chewing at my conscious burns, what is Adrian going to say? Will he leave me? 

As I walk towards my locker Adrian comes into view, leaning against it. His black v-neck hugs tightly to his chest and muscles, his hair hangs down into his sleepy eyes. He looks so cute and innocent in the moment, as soon as his eyes connect with mine, they light up. 

"Willow!" He walks over and scoops me up in a big hug, kissing me softly before setting me down. The kiss is nothing but a peck on my lips but it still stirs some butterflies. But nothing compares to the way Noah's made me feel like I was flying. Damn it Noah, I can't keep him off my mind. 

"Willow? Willow what's wrong where did you go just now?" He tips my chin up so I'm looking at him. I have to tell him. If I don't I.. I don't know what I'll do. 

I look around and easily spot Noah, he's surrounded by a couple of his friends. Boys I've never seen before. Adrian follows my eyes and frowns slightly. 

"Did he do something?" I nod slowly, I lean up and kiss Adrian softly, only for a moment before pulling back and pointing to myself. He kissed me, and I let him. Adrian's eyes grow cold. 

"Did you let him? Did you stop him? I knew I shouldn't have gotten involved with you knowing his hold on you." He pulls away from me running a hand through his hair blowing out a puff of air to cool down. I nibble on my lip to keep myself from talking because moments like always make it hard. 

I nod slowly, answering both his questions. He sighs in relief. 

"He's angry with me. I knew that there was a possibility this would happen. I'm sorry Willow I just--" 

I cut him off by placing my hand on his chest. He looks down at me with hard eyes, but they soften. I lip the words "I'm sorry." 

His eyes widen, maybe he thought I was going to talk, but I can't. 

"Can we just forget about the whole thing?" I nod. That's what I've been trying to do. Adrian kisses me one last time, us both savoring the moment before leaving for class.

I'm waiting for Adrian in lunch and I'm sitting with my body angled towards the whole cafeteria. I'm watching Noah because I can't seem to stop. 

A girl walks in and his entire body stiffens. His eyes widen and his lips part in shock. I look at the girl, she's tall and slender with straight light brown hair that falls to her shoulder blades. Her eyes are round and visibly bright hazel, her cheekbones are high and defined in ways girls wish they could have. Her eyes fall on Noah and her eyes brighten, she runs over to him and slides right on into his arms. 

*    *    *

Noah's P.O.V 

As soon as I see Natalie it's like my world stops spinning, dread fills every bone in my body, and my stomach fills with uneasiness. Natalie was the only other girl I cared about besides Willow, but she left  me for another boy and moved away to be with him, leaving me like none of what we had mattered to her. 

Now she's hugging me and I'm inhaling her sweet familiar perfume, and my arms are wrapped around her just as tightly as she's holding onto me. She broke my heart and I still can't help but hold on so she won't leave again. 

"My God Noah, I didn't think it was possible but I think you got hotter since I last seen you." Her voice brings back memories and it's all too much. She's the reason I went off the deep end. She was the first girl I needed to get my mind off, so I partied, then it was Willow.