Chapter 6

Willow's P.O.V

I don't regret going with Noah one bit. It's been a couple hours now since we left the school grounds and I was on the back of Noah's signature, all black, sleek motorcycle. And despite what I've heard about them being extremely dangerous I was having a blast. Noah forced the helmet on my head, leaving him without one. I protested for a while, pushing the helmet into his chest, but he caught my wrist at one point and gave me a pointed look. God why were men so stubborn?

Now we were in an ice cream parlor. I was eating probably the most delicious Strawberry Ice cream ever. I devoured it not caring how fast I was eating it was just soo good. I lick my lips after I finish and peek up at Noah. It looks like he was just smiling but now he was staring at me intently. I nibble on my lip. A nervous habit I picked up. I bite my lip when I'm reading, when I'm nervous. I think I do it even when I'm not paying attention. I tilt my head as if to say, whatcha looking at? I offer him a small smile. He snaps out of whatever catatonic state he was in and offers me a sheepish smile.

"Sorry I got a little lost in your beauty." He kind of mumbles it as if he's nervous. Noah? Noah being nervous? Impossible. Wait. Wait did he. My mouth drops into a small o. I smile back at him.

I look back down at my hands. This felt so weird. I almost wanted to just go back to what we were doing before, to where I didn't like him. I want to go back to the time where boys weren't on my mind, or should I say a boy, and no one really noticed me. Back to the time where I could hide behind my hoodie. I want to go back to the time where I denied myself love. But why should I live like that? Because sooner or later he's going to want to know why I won't talk. Hell he already wanted to know. And there is no way I am going to make that mistake again. I can't do that.

"Your silence is deafening Willow, but it's comfortable, I'm starting to learn how to read your looks. And I have to admit, having to read you isn't a large sacrifice." He winks at me and I chuckle silently. I place my hands on the table ad cautiously take his. What am I doing? Where's this confidence coming from? He looks at me with equal surprise and grasps my hands.

"Your hands are so cold!" He places both of his hands over mine and a warmth spreads through my body at his touch, it's almost electric. I look him in the eyes and tilt my head a little as if to ask for him to start talking about himself, but I'm not sure he gets it. He gives me a confused look. Internally a part of me smiles, he's communicating how I would, through facial expressions. It's cute. I remove a hand and touch his lips softly then point to his heart. Talk to me about the real you Noah. His body relaxes against my touch and he takes my hand again.

"You want to know about me Willow?" I nod quickly. Please Noah. I want to know things no one else does. I want to be that girl. God I'm so cliche.

"Alright my my, where the hell do I start?" The beginning. Duh. I just watch him carefully.

"Okay, my full name is Noah James Waterson. My favorite color is Navy blue, my favorite animal is a wolf. On my recreational time I listen to music. Or I go to parties to.." He trails off. Getting a far away look. "Well I go to parties to distract myself." He stops and looks up at me. "I like to play basketball. A lot. But I stopped because of my grades and all the detentions I get. I stopped because my dad didn't want me to play. He wanted me to become a doctor like him. But Willow I don't want to be a doctor. I want to be a Cop if I don't get to live my basketball dream. I want to save people. I want to do things right I want my life to be right." He leans back a look of frustration spreading through his facial features. And all I do is watch, I want him to know I'm here. I'm listening.

"And yes Willow, I know I've been such a bad person. These walls that I've built up. Have become my home. This "bad boy" act I've got going isn't me. I make these horrible decisions. I want to change, I want to be so much more than that. I want to be good, I want to do good in school and be someone who matters. But why should I get that chance after all I've done? I've been put in jail so many times. Drinking, fighting, trespassing. You name it I've probably done it. Because I'm stupid. So stupid. I want to change." He finally looks at me.

Noah, oh Noah. My heart melts at his words. At his confession. Everything I first thought about him, is so wrong. He's not just an airhead, he's not just a boy, there's so much more to him. There's so much more detail to his story than just booze and girls. And I'm mentally cursing at myself because I let myself judge him like everyone else did. I look through my bag and pull out a piece of paper, I take my time in writing,

"Then change Noah, do this for you and no one else. Not me, not your parents. Do it for you. You can be the boy, you can be that man that makes the difference." I slide the paper over to him cautiously. He reads it and looks up at me.

"I will, Willow. Now it's your turn." He hands me the paper back. I start writing.

"My full name is Willow Evergreen. My favorite color is red, the deep burgundy kind. My favorite animal is an owl. On my recreational time I write lyrics that I never sing. I write music that is never heard. Oh and I watch Netflix. I want to talk. But I can't and I don't think I ever will. It's too risky. For you. For anyone. And one day I might tell you why but I can't now. Not yet. My parents are going through a rough patch, my mom works herself past humanly limits. My dad drinks past limits that will keep him alive." I stop there and let him read the paper.

He smiles and then looks up at me. "Netflix? I thought you were deep than that. Like I read poetry when I've got nothing better to do. But no. You watch netflix." I laugh silently, feigning being hurt by placing my hand over my heart. He laughs.

"Well Willow, I hope that I can change your mind one day. I don't think your voice is as dangerous as you think it is. I'll prove you wrong."

__________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, thank you for commenting and voting and reading, it makes me so happy to know someone is actually enjoying my story. I know this chapter was a little bit of a fill in but I thought you guys should see the softer side of Noah. Next chapter is going to have a little bit of surprise. Vote, comment, read, and don't do anything I wouldn't do.