Chapter 4

Bl00DR0S3

  Willow's P.O.V

It's been a week since detention and the rumors are just plain hilarious. The things people think are going on between Noah and I, makes me smile. It's that ridiculous, but at the same time frustrating. And every now and then when the stress get's a little unbearable, I go to the gym. My uncle owns one just ten minutes away from the school and I'm still upset about the detention. I need to let the steam out of my blood before I hurt someone. And after getting beat up I decide I need to start training again. In the beginning of high school the taunts got so bad, so I started training everyday after school at the gym. I got strong real fast. I became fast and I was fit. I could take on guys twice my size with no problem. But then the school work became too much, so I stopped. I lost my muscle and my speed and I became the wimp I am now.

I quickly run home and change into a sports bra and some sweatpants. I tie my hair up in a pony tail, putting my sneakers on and running downstairs. I decide to jog to the gym. It felt good, loosening up, I fell into a nice rhythm. And soon before I know it I'm in front of the gym.

I look up at it. It's a little rundown. The sign is faded, reading, Leonel's Gym but the life inside doesn't mirror it's image. Men of all ages are in there working their butt's off.

I walk in cautiously and look around, my uncle Leonel, comes barreling out. He sweeps me off my feet and shakes me, a wide grin spreads across my lips.

"YOU'RE BACK!" His voice is booming. Him and my father are twins but there are still slight differences, like my uncle's eyes are deep brown. He stands at 6'3 and is ripped beyond description. I nod quickly and gesture to the workout equipment and the boxing arena in the center of the gym.

"Well then let's get started right away it's been awhile and you're as thin as a pin, have you been eating right?" He studies me. I really haven't I barely eat, and I skip over meals but I've been trying to be better about it. I give him a look that says, sort of. He sighs and shakes his head.

"After our workout I'm taking you to dinner." I nod quickly and smile wide at him. He chuckles softly.

We walk over to the a bench and start with some curl ups, and from there the workout escalates, by the end of the night I'm in the boxing ring, sweat glistening on my skin. I'm panting to catch my breath, I lean my head on my arms which rest on the ropes, once my breath is caught I look up and come eye to eye with grey-blue eyes I hoped to never see again.

"Need a partner?" Noah asks smirking. Maybe I can beat him. I feel more like myself and adrenaline is running through my veins. I let a smirk fall on my lips. It'll be his doom. I lift the ropes for him and he climbs into the ring.

I force myself to stay emotionless but as soon as my eyes hit his body the facade falls. He is ripped, beyond beautiful, each muscle rippling as he move. My eyes run over his abs to his pecs then his biceps. My eyes reach his and they're filled with amusement.

"See something you like?" He smiles and flexes his biceps. I roll my eyes and give him a look of boredom which shuts him up.

I take up a position near the corner and we circle each other, our fists wrapped, covering our eyes. I wait till he attacks first, he steps forward with his left foot and punches out, his moves are quick but I'm quicker, I duck under him, I elbow his back and he falls flat on his stomach but quickly recovers, standing up looking at me with surprise, I shrug it off and tackle him while he's still vulnerable.

I have to admit I'm enjoying this, I loved fighting it was great, the rush was like a natural high. It made me feel unstoppable. Just like now.

I punch him, once in the face busting his lip pinning him down with my strong legs. He licks his bottom lip looking up at me, I go to punch him again but he expects this and catches my fist flipping me over, pinning me down. He stares down at me, no emotion in his eyes while I glare up at him, he leans down so close his lips are inches from mine, still watching me he leans down more and...

I knee him hard in his groin throwing him off me so he lands a few feet away, I flee the ring and walk to my uncle giving him a look that says we need to go, he nods grabs his keys shouts something to someone but I don't hear because I'm already outside. I get into my uncle's car and glare out the window.

How dare he do that?! He almost kissed me! But wait.. I almost let him. But I feel nothing for him. Nope that was just my body reacting to his. He means nothing to me. Nothing. He did try and apologize. He did try and explain himself. Noah doesn't do that. Some part of me whispers to me but I ignore my stupid thoughts. Who cares if he apologized he's only after one thing and today was evidence of that. I'm not just going to be one of his hit and leave girls. That's not what I'm about.

My uncle get's in the car and drives us to my favorite diner. He stays silent not asking me about what just happened, which I'm glad for, he grabs his old notepad and a pen and walks into the diner. When he used to take me here as a child, he'd let me write down my responses which is why he's bringing in the notepad.

We sit down in a booth secluded in the back. The place is completely empty with only Delilah, the waitress leaning against the counter.

"So, what happened? Why did that boy almost kiss you..?" His voice is angry, thick with protection and worry. I take the notepad and start writing. Telling him everything.

"He let his girlfriends beat you?" He stands up ready to probably go and beat Noah just as badly. I pull his hand down and shake my head. I write down

"Please don't go." I beg him with my eyes. He sighs and nods sitting back down.

"What he did was wrong, Willow, but I've known Noah almost 10 years now and that boy doesn't go to detention, he doesn't make any effort to mend his mistakes. He never makes an effort to apologize, especially to a girl. You should've seen the way he was looking at you. Like you were a cookie he was told he couldn't have." My uncle was studying me for my reaction. He.. he what? I mean, I sort of knew he didn't normally make up for his actions. But, I mean, I didn't think anything of it. So I write,

"But what does that mean? He's so mean, always has been I don't want to get hurt." He reads it then looks up at me.

"It's your choice, you can either give him a chance and lay down the rules and what you fear he might do to you. Maybe he might surprise you." He took my hands in his.

"But how do I forgive him for letting someone beat me?" It's not that I was being petty, it's not that. I just, I was scrambling for a reason to not let Noah in. In all honesty I was scared. I didn't want to fall. I didn't want to fall in love and who knows maybe Noah wasn't the one. Wait, why am I thinking of falling for him? Uncle never said anything about that. Just forgiving him, giving him a chance. To be friends? He never said more..

"It's going to take time," Uncle interrupts my thoughts. "Just, start by interacting with him." I nod slowly. I can do that.

For the rest of the night uncle and I talk (Well he talks I write) about the school, his wife, and mom and dad. Later he drops me off and drives away when I'm inside safely.

I close the door quietly behind me. I'm pretty sure mom's home and sleeping. But when I get to the kitchen to get some water, I find her at the table. She sees me and stands.

"Where have you.." She trails off taking in my attire. She sighs giving up. "Don't stay out so late." It was 11 p.m. and that was my curfew on Fridays. I decide not to point that out and agree. I kiss her cheek and go upstairs with my water bottle. I shower quickly and then lay down.

Could it be possible that Noah and I could be friends? Or.. even more..?