Chapter 9: What's your problem?

Quick message:

I'm planning on changing the cover of this story! But I have no skills in that category whatsoever. So I'm appealing to everyone that's reading this to be spontaneous and submit a cover picture. Pretty pleaseee? Your name will appear in the description of the book and I will be eternally grateful for your service! Perhaps you'll be a character in this book as well, but we'll see the response that I receive for this request. Go on, start designing!

Right...on with the story...

Juliet's POV

Yesterday was absolutely magnificent. It felt so surreal to witness Barry break out of his shell with his angelic singing and shocking dance moves. But I really wanted to know where he learnt to dance like that?! And how did he manage to pull off such a stunt without getting in trouble with my lecturer? The questions stirred in my mind as I got ready for my day ahead. I was currently playing hide-and-seek with my clothes, trying to find my favourite pair of high waisted jeans to match my white tank top and black, biker leather jacket. Luckily, I had an early class and for the rest of the day, I would be helping Cisco gather research for one of his "projects". As I was on the verge of giving up, I spotted the dark-blue jean material peeking out from under my 'church collection'. I hurriedly grabbed it, put it on and sprinted downstairs. As I reached the bottom of the staircase, I glanced down at my feet and saw my lumo yellow socks instead of proper shoes. I groaned and ran back to my room to get my black combat boots. Why was I so clumsy today?

As I entered the kitchen's doorframe, my eyes widened as I caught Cisco lying on the island counter with his Batman onesie on, fast asleep. I cringed as I thought of how many meals were going to be prepared on that same counter that he was infecting with his germs. Don't get me wrong, I love my cousin but there were times when I doubted our blood line connection. I contemplated on whether I should wake my cousin up; with his thumb in his mouth, he seemed like bait for future blackmail. I slid my phone out of my back pocket and pressed the home button. My face lit up like a little kid in a candy store as a new message popped up. I gasped at who the message was from. I was surprised that he was still talking to me after our last conversation, which was in Paris, on the front step of our house.

Juan:

Bonjour Juliet, ça va? J'espère vraiment que tu vas bien. Tu me manques sœur! [Hello Juliet, how are you? I really hope you are okay. I miss you sister!]

Juan. My 17 year old, green-eyed, brown haired brother with prominent dimples. Since our emotional farewell back home, I haven't had the courage to speak to him again. It is still difficult for me to believe that he threw a tantrum and locked himself up in his room because of my departure. After answering Juan's message with a lengthy paragraph filled with emoji's, I glanced casually at the clock situated on the plain wall opposite me. Just as I was trying to calculate my schedule for the day, my phone vibrated with a message. This time not from Juan but from the person that was stuck in my mind....

Barry:

So I woke up with you next to me. Or well, so I thought. It was actually just a pillow. Missing you x

I shook my hair as I read his random message. But I was also worried. What were we? We weren't dating, that's for sure. He hasn't made it official. But we were slightly more than acquaintances. I ran my fingers through my hair, as if to get rid of my knots. Barry was giving me stress, unwanted stress! I answered Barry's message with a smiley face. So subtle Jules, I thought with a grin growing on my face. "Juliet, can you please, I don't know, shut the flippin' hell up! You're thinking out loud AGAIN!", Cisco grunted from the counter with his eyes shut. I ran up to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek. This bothered my cousin so much, that he gave out an ear-piercing scream (closely resembled that of a girl's), jumped up from the counter onto the plain kitchen tiles, started running towards the bathroom and locked himself in there.