Fresh Start

Juliet Ramon, the bright young girl that just graduated from high school eventually got tired of being an obedient 19 year old. She wanted to have fun & pursue her dream of being an attorney. Deciding to ditch her old life of being the good, inexperienced angel, she moves to Central City and lives with her cousin, Cisco Ramon, a scientist at STAR Lab.

Juliet's POV:

" Okay mother, I will call you as soon as I land. Take care of Juan and daddy, please", I said monotony to my mother, trying to hide my excitement. This was it; standing in front of my mother at the Charles de Gaulle Airport trying to escape from her dreadfully, tight embrace to catch my flight to Central City.

Yes, that's right, it might seem cruel but I had to leave my old life of being a good girl behind to begin my new rebellious one. I grew up in a house where everyone had to wear long, spiritual clothes, go to church every weekend and have long silent reflections at the end of each day. It got daunting after a while. In my last year of high school, I had to skip prom because my dad didn't believe my oath of 'no sinful acts'....it was time to break free....from my boring life

My mother eventually let go of the hug and straightened her shirt. She immediately grabbed my iPhone & ran to the security guard.

After she handed my phone to him, she turned around and strolled to my side and put her hands next to her side. The security quickly snapped the picture and gave my phone back to my mother.

Handing my phone back to me, she said farewell briefly, turned around and didn't look back again.

I hurried to the boarding gate, showed my ticket to the lady there and ran to my seat on the plane. I sat down quickly and glanced at my phone, there was a new message from none other than Cisco.

Cisco: Guess who's going to be convincing me to go to church soon? You!! I'll see you just now amigo, love ya.

My smile broadened immediately as I read it. I put my phone down as the plane took off. After a few hours, the plane landed.

As I waited for my luggage at the carousel, I looked at the picture of my mom & I; my long, wavy hair resting to the side of my arms, my hazel-green eyes bursting with hidden joy. I frowned at my embarrassing outfit: a long black skirt covering my tanned legs, my brown penny loafers peeping from under my skirt, a light blue button up shirt with a black blazer.

After analysing my outfit, I let out a little giggle causing stares from everyone else. As I found my luggage, I went to the pick up zone. There stood my socially awkward cousin holding a board with my name on it, followed by some odd Spanish writing.

"Hola Jules!!!", Cisco bellowed. I immediately dropped my bags and ran to receive his embrace. I finally felt a genuine smile creep to my face as we stood there in each other's arms. As Cisco let go, his face dropped as he saw my outfit.

"It has to go, Juliet. I can't be seen with you like this!".

My face turned a dark shade of red as I nodded at him. We both broke out in a fit of laughter as we went to the taxi.

On our way home, Cisco stopped at some mall and together we went to go get some new clothes. After that, we were on our way to his apartment.

As we sat on the couch in his apartment, he told me about Caitlyn Snow & Harrison Wells, his job and about the science behind the horrible particle accelerator accident.

And so my day ended, me in pyjamas on the couch, falling asleep to the sound of Cisco's droning voice explaining the magic behind reflection.

A/N

Hello guys, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter.

Barry will appear in the next one, promise! I do apologize if this wasn't so good, it is my first story, so I'm still new to this.

Since this is my first story, you are more than welcome to inbox/contact me with feedback & suggestions. Please comment and vote as I would really appreciate it ♥

Stay safe♥x