Chapter 2

I woke up to a loud ear piercing shrill from my phone. Now what could that possibly be, I thought while slowly lifting my arms and reaching for my phone.

As I glanced at it, my emotions boiled over as I saw an alarm set by my mother. I slowly got up, muttering curses at my mother's latest act.

Why couldn't I be left alone? Like most 19 year olds?

I went to go take a shower to let my mind think things through. I went to my room and set my outfit for the day on my bed.

I squealed at the outfit; it was a high waisted floral skirt that reached mid thigh with black high heels, paired with a very cute, grey crop top from One Direction's OTRA tour. It was rather different from my previous outfits but change is good, right?

As I went downstairs, I saw Cisco in front of the TV eating fruit loops from the box. I plonked myself next to him and snatched the box from his hands. Just as he was about to complain, he saw my outfit and immediately, his eyes widened.

"When I said 'I can't be seen with you dressed like before' , that didn't give you permission to steal my limelight of looking hot!", Cisco exclaimed frantically.

" Thanks cuz, can we go now? I want to get a proper tour of this place!", I said rather excited.

"Right, let's go to S.T.A.R. Labs before you manage to break my confidence", Cisco announced, grabbing the keys from the coffee table and opening the door for me to exit through.

I jumped in the car and grabbed my One Direction CD from my bag and put it in the CD player. As we listened to the CD, Cisco and I caught up on all our years of separation. But our conversation was abruptly broken when we pulled up to a huge, grey building fenced with dangerous wire.

Suddenly my body ran towards the fence and started climbing it. Unfortunately I didn't think this through, as I was wearing highly inappropriate clothing for what I was about to do. I heard Cisco's booming voice commanding me to get down.

I just looked back at him, stuck my tongue out and continued climbing. Just as I was beginning to get the hang of fence climbing, my two "left" feet decided to embarrass me by making me land on the ground with a sudden thud.

The last thing I remember before blacking out was the sound of Cisco telling me to stay with him & to keep calm.

I woke up with a terrible headache. As I started moaning and complaining about my head, I looked up and immediately stopped. In front of me stood Cisco, a young, concerned-looking woman and a man in a wheelchair.

"Ms Ramon, can you hear me? Are you in anyway inflicted with pain?".I stared at the man trying to communicate with me: He had icy cold, blue eyes that held secrets darker than his hair, which was a jet black tone with the odd spotting of gray hair strands.

"CISCO!! Where am I?" I yelled, breaking eye contact from the odd man in front of me.

"Welcome to S.T.A.R. Labs!", Cisco announced, lifting his hands to his side and smiling broadly. I rolled my eyes at my cousin's oblivion.

"I know that idiot! Where am I in the lab?", I questioned, annoyance present in my voice.

Suddenly, the young woman in front of me gave me a hand and maneuvered me onto the ground. As I balanced myself on my high heels, I stared around in awe.

The woman, who introduced herself as 'Caitlyn Snow', showed me around the quartex. But she was interrupted by a gust of wind passing us. I suddenly lost my balance again and landed on the cold, hard floor. As I sat there, getting ready to throw a tantrum, a hand reached out to me.

Since I thought it was Cisco, I refused the kind gesture and sat there with my arms crossed. Cisco's voice then told me to stop being stubborn and just accept Barry's hand....wait, who's Barry??

As I looked up, my question was answered instantaneously. There stood a tall, young man with green-blue eyes and a contagious smile. I suddenly felt very self-conscious about my appearance as I stared at this neat human in front of me: he had brown hair styled in a quiff, with a well structured face.

Mmm, 10/10 for that face, I thought.

He was wearing jeans with converse sneakers and a plaid red button up shirt with a black coat. I slowly got up, holding on to his strong forearms for support.

"H..h..hi there. M..m..my name is...uhm, J..Juliet  R...Ramon" , I stuttered, greeting the smiling dork in front of me.

"I know that miss. Can you tell me about the bible sometime?",  he said, slightly smirking. My jaw dropped open as he uttered those words. How much has Cisco told them about my past?! 

I had a sudden urge to slap Cisco through the face until Barry swooped me in his arms for a comforting embrace.

"I'm hugging you because you seem upset and as cute as you appear when you're upset, you look like you'll kill Cisco if you start a fight...", Barry whispered in my ear.

I suddenly felt goosebumps on the surface of my skin as his voice resonated through my ears. I noddly slightly as we broke the embrace.

"Come Miss Frenchy, let's get you out of here, there's a great place near here that makes amazing coffee to suit people like you, bitter and hot", Barry stated. This caused my cheeks to light up like Christmas lights.

And so Barry and I left the room, with 3 confused faces behind us trying to figure out what just happened...

A/N:

Don't forget to comment, message & vote. All are much appreciated♥

Stay rocking, home skittles🔥