Chapter 6: The Multi-Bear

Billy whined as the three walked through the forest, Mabel holding him so as not to have him run ahead. They were nearing the place where they had first found him to pick two of the toddleshrooms, the mushrooms that had turned the demon into a toddler. Finally, when they got there, Dipper pulled out a pair of tongs and, ever so carefully, picked two shrooms and dropped them in the black, plastic bag that they had picked up before they left the Shack for holding ingredients.

The young demon squealed happily as he watched the mushrooms drop into the bag. "He's very easily impressed," Dipper joked, closing the bag and starting their trek to the multi-bear's cave. Mabel laughed, following her brother over the rocky and leafy forest floor.

As they continued, they decided to stop at the falls for a break. They sat down, admiring the view and letting Bill waddle around to wherever he pleased.

Suddenly, the two heard a squeal and splashing. Mabel looked around frantically only to find that the small demon was sitting on the shore of the lake, splashing water and giggling happily at the sound the water made when something hit its reflective surface. The twins looked over and smiled as the toddler busily entertained himself.

Dipper rolled his eyes, standing up and sitting at the shore with the young one, Bill accidentally splashing him. The toddler laughed as Dipper's bangs draped over his face, completely covering his strange, contellation birthmark, from which he was named, and his eyes. Soon, Mabel joined in, the laughter carrying over once more to her brother who, happily splashed her.

Suddenly, a roar was heard in the distance, making Billy jump and whimper, cuddling closer to the female Pines twin. The twins looked at each other and nodded before standing and walking once more.

Finally, the three made it to the wide, cave opening from which, roars were heard. The elder boy nodded before stepping into the dark cave, his sister, who was holding their young enemy, close behind. The darkness enclosed them, surrounding them, the only light coming from their tiny friend who had turned white and started shaking, fearful whimpers being emitted from his tiny mouth, which was curved into a frown. Finally, they reached a large cavern in which, was a large, multi-headed bear. Immediately, apon seeing the frightening creature, the small child let out a wail, tears starting to stream down his face as he pulled himself closer to Mabel, looking over her shoulder and away from the beast.
Unfortunately, to the girl's utter horror, the wail had woken the multi-bear up. He roared as his other heads woke as well.

"Who has awoken me?" He boomed, looking around, spotting Dipper. "Dipper the Destructor!? It's been a long time!" He said, standing on his hind legs and walking closer. "What brings you here? And who are those people?" He asked, pointing to Mabel and their young companion. "Those people are my sister, Mabel," he started pointing to his sister, "and Bill." "He looks familiar," the bear commented, pointing to the toddler.

Suddenly he roared and jumped backwards. "Cipher? But, why is he a young human?" At the mention of his name, the child looked up at the beast. He screamed and hugged Mabel tighter, closing his eyes. "And why is he so fearful of me?" "Bill had touched a mushroom called the toddleshroom. It turns people into toddlers." "I see, so, why are you here, aren't you going to get rid of the Demon?" "Not until we turn him back to his original age and, to do that, I'm going to need one of your claws." "Oh, alright!" The bear said, picking up an extremely sharp rock and cutting off half of one of his claws. "Thanks!" Dipper said, dropping the claw into the bag.

"Dipper," Mabel started, "Bill's really scared!" She said, gesturing to the small child who was bawling into her neck. "Alright. Sorry, we need to go, I'll talk to you soon!" "Yes, keep in touch! Oh, and remember," suddenly, the two started singing, "Disco girl, coming through, that girl is you!" The two laughed as Dipper said his last goodbye and led his sister out of the cave. Bill, once out, stopped his crying, turned back to yellow, and smiled once again.

"He's really brave too!" Mabel said in a baby voice and toddler giggling as the three started their trek back to the shack.