Eighteen

"What should I wear?" Emily asks as she stands in front of her closet. 

She's meeting Ashton later and saying she's a little nervous would be an understatement. I've never seen her this nervous before. I guess she must really like him then or maybe she's just nervous, because they haven't met in person yet.

She turns around to look at me when I don't reply. I just shrug and turn my attention back to my phone. Michael is teasing Luke in the group chat and it's hilarious, but I feel sorry for the poor boy. Suddenly my phone is ripped out of my hands. 

"Hey! I was reading that! Rude much?" I say, looking at Emily.

"He wouldn't even mind if you wore sweats," I tell her in all honesty.

"But I have to look good," she argues. 

I sigh and get up from her bed. I walk over to her closet and take out a random yet beautiful outfit. 

"Can I now have my phone back, please?" I ask. 

She smiles and hands me my phone back.

"Thanks."

Ashton will be here in like ten minutes and Emily is still not ready yet. How long can it take for a girl to get ready? I knock on the bathroom door. 

"Hurry up! Ash will be here any minute," I yell. 

"Can you let him in?" she asks. 

"Sure," I sigh and go downstairs. She better hurry up.

The bell rings making me jump. I get up and open the front door to see a good looking Ashton. 

"Stefy?" he asks surprised as I let him in. 

"It's good to see you too," I say, siting down again. 

"Oh and Emily is still getting ready, but she should be down in a few," I add. 

Ashton just nods his head and sits down next to me. 

"Nervous?" I ask, glancing at him.

"Nah, not really." 

I'm about to say something when Emily walks down the stairs.

"Hi," she says. 

Is she being shy right now? She's never shy. 

"Okay guys, have fun on your date, but I'm gonna go," I tell them.

"Bye Ashton," I say while hugging him.

"Bye Stefy."

I turn to Emily and tell her I will call her later, but I'm pretty sure she will call me as soon as Ashton left.

I walk home since I don't live far from where Emily lies. When I get home I notice that nobody's there. I guess it's just me, my bed and Netflix. Perfect date, right? I grab some snacks and drinks before going to my room. I choose a random movie to watch. Let's now hope that everyone leaves me alone. 

I'm literally in the middle of the movie when someone decides to texts me. It's Calum. Why am I not surprised? What does he want this time? I pause the movie and take my phone from beside me. 

Cal: what mouse walks on two legs?

Me: idk, leave me alone

Cal: mickey mous duh! what duck walks on two legs?

Me: donald duck?

Cal: all ducks dumb ass 

Me: i hate you! now leave me alone. im watching a movie