Seventeen

I've been in the car for only thirty minutes and everyone is already texting me. We have this group chat and it seems like only Calum, Michael and Luke are still at the campus. Everyone else has already left.

Cal: guys pls come save me. Mike and luke keep arguing

Mikey: we are right here ya know

Cal: idc!

I chuckle shaking my head and look out the window.

"It looks like you've made a lot of friends," dad suddenly says making me look up at him.

"Yeah, they're amazing," I smile.

Dad smiles back at me. Mom is driving.

"It's good to see you smile again," mom says as she glances at me.

"I'm happy, mom. Really! Making me go there was the best decision you could ever make," I tell them in all honesty.

"Does that mean you're going back after break?" mom asks.

"Definitely!"

Going there, away from everything that reminded me of Noah was a good idea. I finally feel like I can be happy again. I finally feel free. I'm not that sad anymore. I was in such a dark place before I got here. I'm not gonna lie. I thought about self harm, but I never tried it. Walking away from my problems, as I call it, helped. I didn't think it would, but it did. I'm glad my parents made me go there.

"You're sure this doesn't have anything to do with a boy?" he says with a grin on his face.

"Dad," I whine with a laugh as I look away.

I'm pretty sure I'm blushing right now. I don't think I'm ready to date yet. I mean I need to be in a much better place than I am right now, because how can I possibly make someone else happy if I'm not happy myself?

Before I know it mom parks the car in our driveway. I open the door and get out. I walk towards the front door only to get attacked with a big hug from Emily causing us almost to fall on the ground.

"Emily!" I yell hugging her tighter.

I missed this girl so much.

"I missed you," she says pulling away.

"I missed you too."

"So are there a lot of cute boys at your school?" she asks with a smirk on her face.

I roll my eyes. She hasn't changed one bit. I shake my head.

"Let's go inside. It looks like it's gonna rain," I tell her as I take my bag and head inside.

She follows me to my room. It looks exactly how I left it. Pictures of me with friends and Noah on the wall. A few band posters. A smile comes on my face. It's good to be back home.

"So are they?" Emily asks me again.

I look at her. She's sitting on my bed.

"I thought you and Ashton were a thing," I wonder out loud.

"Yeah, I really like him, but we need to find you a boyfriend," she smirks.

I sigh.

"But I don't want a boyfriend right now."

"I'm sure you have someone in your mind," she guesses, ignoring what I just said.

"I don't."

Okay that might have been a lie, but I'm not gonna tell her that I might have a crush on Calum. But I just can't like him. I simply can't.