Chapter 7: Return

Chapter 7: Return

Both of them, Aldwyn and Jeremy, started approaching us again.

Jeremy started shooting at us. I was shot at the shoulder, Desmond was shot at the foot and Vince was shot at his knee. Grimacing in pain, me and Desmond stood up.

We had to get both of them to the bus before the fog starts growing again.

Both of us went for Dan first, the others got to safety.

We fought for the blade he was holding, but Jeremy kept shooting at us.

Desmond was shot in the shoulder, and fell down.

It was up to me.

But when I grabbed the knife, Jeremy shot me in the thigh.

My body hit the floor, directly where the bullet hit me.

I was bleeding like hell, there’s no way I could even stand up.

That’s when a miracle happened.

A figure bumped Jeremy and got the gun, then knocked Dan off his feet.

I squinted my eyes, it was…Stephen. His abdomen was bleeding and he was limping with his right leg.

He helped me up.

“Are we both in heaven?” I asked.

Stephen punched me in the shoulder

“Wake up, this is no afterlife.” He said with a smile.

 Desmond got up and the others got Dan  and Jeremy’s unconscious bodies.

We headed for the bus.

11:47pm, 13 minutes to midnight.

We headed for the wrecked bus.

Everyone got on. I looked behind me, it was getting foggy.

Jed helped me up to the bus. The girls started to panic. “There’s no way we can get out of here!” Andrea exclaimed.

“No, I can’t die this way!” Keith added.

“WE’RE GETTING OUT OF HERE!” I yelled, the fear still curdling inside me.

The fog was as thick as ever, but we we’re all in the bus.

Just as everyone was started to calm down, then came our next problem, the bus won’t start.

We pretended to be brave so no one else would panic. Des kept flipping the keys but the engine just let out a bumpy roar.

I pushed Des out of the driver’s seat and kicked the front portion of the keyhole.

The engine magically started up.

I drove like hell, like I was in a Grand Theft Auto game.

Soon we found ourselves in front of a slanted dirt mound.

I looked at everyone at the back, they looked like they were struck by lightning, everyone was holding on for their lives.

I drove up the dirt mound, but the fog was as thick as ever. But at least we’ve finally returned to the highway.