Chapter 3: Voices

Chapter 3: Voices

I got a stick and trudged my way up the mound.

I looked through the marks of the wheels, even Des won’t be able to carry this damn thing up. That would be out later problem.

Our main problem right now is to heal our bruises. Thank our lucky stars there was a first aid kit…which is now all over the floor.

We gathered the materials up and bandaged our bloody limbs.

Enrico, still angry at Jeremy, kept insulting him. Jeremy was getting really mad at Enrico, and wanted to beat the living hell out of him.

We were just lucky Des was there to keep them from killing each other.

The bus was at its side. We had to get this thing up for at least the whole night, and it’s getting dark.

We strapped some vines to its left side and pulled.

By the end of the day, my blue checkered polo was muddy and dirty, and the bus still didn’t move a bit. I wanted to complain, but the others would start complaining too, and would maybe start a fight, so I kept my mouth shut.

That night, we slept in the bus.

We laid out our torn extra clothes and other things to keep us comfortable.

I slept in the middle of the bus, in the middle of Enrico and Jeremy.

I could hear Jeremy mumbling swears to Enrico, and vice versa. I could tell Vince and Dan were getting pissed at them, I couldn’t stop staring back and forth at their frowns.

At that very second, I heard voices outside

“Are they alive?”

“Maybe not. Let’s check on them.”

“I’m getting impatient check it now!”

My eyes widened.

I’m not sure if anyone heard the voices too.

I ran outside, no one was there, but I could still hear the voices. As I went closer to the trees, the voices began to fade, then…nothing, the voices were gone.

I could tell we’re being watched, but that’s just me.

I went back to the bus. Everyone was wide awake, looking for something.

“That bastard.” Enrico said, clenching his fist,

“He ran away and left us here.”

“What happened?” I asked.

“Jeremy ran away. He’s probably on his way home right now.” Enrico replied.

Something tells me this has got to do with the voices. We have to go now, but we can’t leave our friend behind.