Chapter 5: No way out

We started walking towards the bus.

Fredrick started talking to me how Jeremy texted him, saying that we needed help.

Fredrick said he brought “some more friends”.

When we got to the bus, we saw the Patriotic girls, the girls we befriended around 10 months ago, in our school program.

Most of them were angry at me for “leaving the others to die”.

I explained how Jeremy almost tried to kill me.

but Kate, one of the girls, interrupted me, saying “Did you drink San Miguel during the trip? It’s either your drunk or crazy.”

Andrea, one of Kate’s friends, agreed. “Maybe you should calm down a bit and—“ She said.

“No!” I yelled.

At that moment, we heard footsteps outside.

“Who’s there?” Adrian said.

Everyone stopped what they were doing.

Fear was starting to stir among us, we didn’t know if we would be scared or not.

The footsteps were getting louder and closer.

I slowly bent over down under the couch, Keith, Nikki and the other girls were panting heavily, only our breaths were being heard other than the rusting footsteps.

A voice growled lowly.

A bolt of lightning boomed in the sky, as me and Keith saw a shadow of a man with crimson red eyes and pitch black hair out the window.

Keith started to scream, but Gabriel covered her mouth.

“Who’s there?!” Mark asked.

“One way in...No way out...” the voice replied.

Another bolt of lightning crackled, and the shadow was in the bus.

Gabriel rushed to the shadow, but the thing lifted his arm and shot him in his knee.

“Jeremy!” I screamed.

The shadow let out an evil chuckle, Jeremy said nothing, raising the gun at me. 

"What the hell?!” I screamed.

Jeremy’s eyes were red, his face had dark marks on it and his clothes were torn.

“That’s not Jeremy.” Reynald said

“Who are you?!” Jeremy lifted the gun and shot the ceiling

“Silence!” He yelled, everyone scrambled into the ground, startled.

“I’ve had enough of you.” He whispered, looking at Stephen.

Stephen slowly backed away, Jeremy started walking towards him.

“Or maybe someone should pay for your mistakes.” He said, giving Nadine an evil look.

(Stephen and Nadine are in a relationship with each other that's why)

“I’m not letting him do this.” Stephen said.

In a flash, Stephen ran towards Jeremy, struggling for the gun. Reynald gave me a look. I knew what it meant.

I and the others helped Nadine, Kate, Keith, Nikki and the rest of our friends out of the bus.

We ran out of the bus.

As we got out, the others disappeared into the fog, I heard a gunshot. I turned and looked at the bus.

“Damn…” I said, still standing there, glaring at the bus.