4

Chapter 4

I was rudely woken up on Monday morning by a stuffy nose and a bad headache. I was sick. Guess I was staying home today, because with this headache I couldn't even think about moving, let alone studying.

Oh wait. We had a test today. Great. Now mum was going to think that I was making this up to get out of giving the test. Well, I kind of was, because the headache wasn't as bad as I described, though it would be better to get some rest than rack my brains to solve a test I forgot about.

"Gabriella honey, quit being indolent and get up. Don't you have school?" My mum said from downstairs.

"No mum. I'm not feeling well, plus it's not like we do anything interesting anyway, and I don't feel like dealing with that stupid jerk of a boy that is Tyler."

"Be polite Gab." Polite. I scoffed.

"And no, I don't want any of the I'm sick drama," mum continued as she walked into my room and sat on my bed, putting a hand on my forehead.

"Oh wow, you're coming down with a fever. Guess you really aren't making it up. Let me get a thermometer." She said, worrying both her and I.

A few moments later my mum re-entered my room with a box in her hand. After taking my temperature and confirming I had a fever, she told me to take certain pills that were present in the box.

"Order something before taking the pills, you need to be on a full stomach. Or you can make it yourself if you feel like it. I would make you soup but I'm running late. And school, well, I'll talk to them. And I know you have a test. You're totally going to be ass-smacked by Mr. Hastings for missing it. What a teacher."

I scrunched my nose "that is so inappropriate, gross."

"Yuck. Trust you to take it literally."

I present to you Ranelle Peters, my mother. She had long, curly sand blonde hair and amber green eyes. She was a pretty laid back parent and trusted me a lot, which I was very grateful for.

She was basically more of a friend to me than a mother. I mean, I could tell her anything and everything without things getting even the slightest bit awkward.

"Do you want me to call someone to take care of you today? I would cancel the meeting but it's a big one. The party is coming from overseas and this deal could be huge f-"

"Mum, it's alright. I'll be fine, really," I cut in, knowing that she would rant about the meeting for a long time if let her.

"Okay well, I love you, bye honey."

"Love you too mum. Best of luck for the meeting."

She turned to leave but paused.

"Buy the way, I heard we're having new neighbors", and continued walking.

Oh great, now I'd have a friend to play barbie with. And I knew for a fact that mum would make us go meet them out of respect and so that she could have a female friend to talk to every single day, if they got along.

Well, I know my mum would, she tended to get along with almost anyone.

I guess my curtains were going to stay closed from now on though. The problem with my house and the potential neighbors house was that there was a huge tree in the middle of my bedroom window and the opposite bedroom window, with thick branches, making it very convenient to enter the rooms from outside.

I didn't even know why the tree wasn't taken down, it could be a potential danger, even if the branches did start high up.

However, the tree was a great place to sit and read, which I loved doing on a particular branch, but I guess that can't happen either. The neighbors could find that weird.

******

When I finally got out of bed, freshened up and got some breakfast, I heard the honk of a car. Oh joy, they were here. Sarcasm intended.

Curiously, I peeked through the kitchen window and saw a family of four getting in.

Wait, oh Holy snitzels . Is that, Oh Lord, why?! Tyler Martins. My new neighbor. Just great. Now the only place I could get a piece of mind would be taken away from me.

Guess the tree would definitely have to be taken down. Which most likely wouldn't happen, but it's not wrong to hope. I would miss my personal spot, but I'd rather not have Tyler welcome himself into my room.

But the rest of his family seemed nice. He had a little sister. She was so cute with her brunette locks and tiny height, she was probably around 3-4 years old. I always wondered what it was like to actually not be the only child.

******

I decided to ditch the new neighbor stuff and stick to junk food and Netflix for now.

So I shut the curtains and went back upstairs.

"Hello, beautiful, look who just moved next door."

Tyler's voice startled me and I turned to look at him. His jaw dropped and eyes widened

"Oh. My. God! Peters, you-" and then he smirked.

"Would you look at that, we're neighbors now."

"Exactly. We're neighbors. But that doesn't mean we have to talk to each other at all. We can also mind our own business you know. And the only reason I did not come to school was so I could take a break from you and your Jerk self, but looks like that won't be happening."

I got up, and then proceeded to shut the window and the curtains.

Harsh, but what could I say. I loathed him. Now at least I didn't have to deal with him. Or so I thought.

He started tapping on my window. I tried my best to ignore it by turning up the volume of my TV show.

*******

One hour later he was still tapping on my window so I gave in and opened it.

"WHAT!?"

"Oh nothing, just wanted to see what my favorite person was doing."

Ugh, see why I didn't want him to move to the opposite room? Who would believe he hated me? Aren't you supposed to not want to see the person you despise?

"I'm sorry, but your favorite person is feeling sick and does not want to cope with you right now. So if you'd just piss off, that would be amazing"

"Tyler sweety, come down here will you?"

"Coming mom! See you later sweetheart"

What a jerk.

*********