Chapter 1: The Move

Chapter 1: The Move

Today is the day... I thought in sorrow.

Usually when you think about people saying 'today is the day,' you get the happy vibe. You think of weddings or birthdays or even a girls day where you and your friends just go to the movies together, or go shopping... Y'know, exciting and something actually enjoyable. But there is nothing exciting or enjoyable about this. It's Saturday. The day I've been dreading since my parents told us the news.

Today my family and I are leaving Europe because my parents got a job in California. So they're dragging the whole family down there to, quote on quote, "Start a new new life. It's gonna be a lotta fun making new friends, living in a new house, and getting new teachers!!"  Again!! Their words, not mine!! I can assure that this is anything but fun!! As you can tell, I angrily lost that argument.

Oh Sorry, I haven't introduced myself. My names Camila Carrigan. I've been panicking ever since my mom told me that we were moving across the country. So now I'm packing the last of my things, trying to not get dust all over my galaxy-print joggers and light blue PINK shirt with a black sports bra under, that was paired with black and white high-top Converse with my naturally platinum blonde hair up into a messy bun. The box consists of a couple pictures of my family and friends, a couple souvenirs saved from family trips, yearbooks, and a amount of two teddy bears -There is Mrs. Sparkle and Mr. Cuddlez. Mrs.Sparkle was a small sized white teddy bear that had a bow on it's ear and clutching a blanket as though it was cuddling up in it. I've had her since i was eight. Mr.Cuddles is a jumbo sized bear that was almost bigger than me. My boyfriend, Jace, won Mr. Cuddlez for me at a carnival. The bear was brown and had a tie around it's neck and a heart clutched in it's hand.

I'm really gonna miss home. I just knew it. Even though we're still here... I can already feel it. I sighed. It's really ironic, isn't it. When leaving you can take anything... except your friends.

I took the two boxes that I stuffed everything in and slowly made my way downstairs, trying to memorize every single detail of the house that I might never see ever again, and headed down the driveway that we rented to take our stuff to California where my parent were talking and my younger brother, Nikolas, was playing with little toy cars in the front yard.

Once I put the boxes in the moving van, I realize I left my keys and phone in the house so I run to my bedroom and grab them. On the way down I stopped in the empty living room. And that's when it all sinked in. I'm leaving. I'm leaving everything that I loved and knew...

I can't take this. I thought panicky, my breath coming in short huffs and my heart beating fast, sweat pooling in my hands. I've gotta get out of here!! We don't have to leave for another hour so I headed to the garage and picked up my keys and my phone that I hadn't realized I dropped in my panicky state, and head to one of my many cars in the garage. I have a total of 8 cars. 3 of which are grey, white and a deep dark purple Ferrari GTE Spiders, 4 of the others are a sapphire blue, eggplant purple, a black one that glows with blue lighting going tracing around the car, and a galaxy print one. They're all Lamborghini's, two of which are butterfly doors. . The last one is a light grey Koenigsegg CCXR. Did I mention that my parents are loaded?

I picked the sapphire blue butterfly doored Ferrari. I got in and put my iPhone in the cup holder and sped out of the garage onto the street, my tires making a terrible sharp screeching sound against the cement when I took a sharp turn out of the driveway. Taking deep breaths, I headed to Kaylie's house.