Percy's Birthday

So, today is actually Percy'a birthday. So, I decided to make this chapter dedicated to him 😋 I know I already did a birthday thing for Leo, but that was mainly for the headcanon fo Human Festus. So, sorry for the really long author's note. Happy birthday, seaweed brain!

Percy was was prodded while he was trying to sleep. "Go away," he muttered, turning away from the insistent poking into the softness of his pillow.

"Wake up, seaweed brain!" Percy was roughly smacked with a pillow. He got up quickly, still woozy from sleep. Percy blinked. "Annabeth?" He saw her, surprised. Annabeth wasn't supposed to come until later, for his birthday party. She was sitting on his bed in front of him, her face both filled with annoyance and amusement.

She rolled her eyes. "Of course it's me. I came to celebrate. Just you and me."

Percy groaned, rubbing his eyes. "Just cause I'm turning twenty two doesn't mean you need to barge in at-" Percy looked at the clock. "6 AM." Annabeth shrugged. "Your mom let me in. Now get up, or I'll whack you again."

Percy sighed. "I probably have bed head." Annabeth laughed, and tousled his hair. "It's cute, though. You get cranky in the morning." Percy raised an eyebrow. "You get rather chipper in the morning." "I guess."

"Can I take a shower first?" Annabeth snorted. "I'm no monster." Percy grinned, grabbed some clothes, and walked into the bathroom. He took a quick shower, and then brushed his teeth.

Percy looked into the mirror. He still had bed head, and no one could tame that.

Percy put on a blue hoodie and some pajama pants, and then walked out the door.

He stopped after he opened the door. Annabeth was sitting by the window, looking out at the streets. The sun was starting to come up, so it set a soft glow on her face, and her eyes were closed She was curled up in a brown sweater, and her curly blonde hair was in a pony tail. She heard Percy, and Annabeth opened her gray eyes.

"Oh, hey Percy. I didn't see you walk in." Percy shrugged, and sat down next to her. She suddenly jumped up. "I nearly forgot!" Annabeth ran towards her bag, which she had put in the corner of Percy's room. She pulled out a square shaped box, wrapped with blue paper. "I got you a present, seaweed brain."

Percy smiled, and kissed Annabeth on the cheek as she sat next to him. "You didn't have to do that," he said. "But if it's blue candy, I'll totally take it." Annabeth laughed lightly.

Percy tore the wrapping paper away. He saw a picture frame, lined with blue of course, and in it, was a picture of him and Annabeth.

She was leaning his forehead against his, and he was looking into her eyes. Their noses were touching, and Annabeth was frozen in a giggle. They were back at Camp Half-Blood, and still wearing their shirts. That was when Percy had became her boyfriend. A letter fell out from the picture frame. Annabeth looked at him expectantly.

Percy unfolded the letter, and saw an owl and trident drawn on the front. The letter was written in Annabeth's handwriting. He read:

Dear seaweed brain,

When I first saw you, I though you were an idiot. Which was partly true. And when I became your girlfriend is when I became  the happiest person in the world. Since then, our relationship grew. And after Tartarus, it let me realize you'd love me no matter what. Even in the depths of the underworld. So, sea weed brain, I want to congratulate you on your twenty second birthday, and I want to congratulate all the good things you've done. I love you, you idiot.

Wise Girl

Percy looked at Annabeth, who looked sheepish. He then smiled. "I love you too, wise girl."

He kissed her on the lips. Annabeth hugged him, her head resting on his shoulder. "Come on. I have to show you something."

Annabeth pulled Percy into the other room. And sure enough, there was a giant party. Frank was a puppy, which Hazel was holding. Nico was wearing a blue party hat and smiling. Piper was there, helping Percy's mom set down a giant blue cake on the coffee table. Paul was smiling from the corner. And Jason was standing next to Leo, and his new girlfriend, Calypso. Even Grover and Tyson were there. Juniper and Ella were blowing up balloons.

"Happy birthday!" They all chorused. Percy looked at Annabeth, who only grinned. Percy sat down on the couch. "You guys out do yourselves, and so early in the morning. And just a couple years ago, we were battling monsters."

Percy was about to dig into the cake, when Sally cleared her throat. "No cake. Not until after breakfast." Percy held up his fork in surrender. "I should've know there was a catch."

Annabeth nudged Percy gently as laughing and talking were heard around the room. "Happy birthday, seaweed brain." Percy smiled. "Thanks. I really love you guys." Annabeth patted him on the back, imitating Jason's voice. "Anything for a bro." Jason looked over, pretending to be hurt. Percy laughed.