Chapter 16

The doorbell rings. The freaking doorbell rings, interrupting their kiss. They weren't even ten seconds into it yet.

"Oh my god, seriously?" Stiles exclaims, sitting up straighter instantly, startled by the sound. Lydia has to laugh; she missed this side of him. "We might have the worst timing in the history of worst timings," he mutters before looking at her in disbelief. "What are you even laughing at? This isn't funny."

She wipes away the tears from her crying before and lets out a chuckle. "It kind of is."

Stiles frowns, pouting a little. "No. We were... We need to talk, you know, about things?"

Lydia takes a deep breath. "I know. Later?" Reluctant, he nods. She gives him a kiss on the cheek just as the doorbell rings again. Lydia smiles, getting up. "Would you please open the door? I'll just go freshen up and I'll be right out."

"Yeah, sure," he says, standing up too and putting his shoes back on, annoyance all over his face.

Lydia disappears to the bathroom and Stiles makes his way to the front door. He already has a whole speech in his head prepared for whoever is on the other side of that door for interrupting them. Opening it, he finds a giggling Kira. "Hi, Stiles," she greets, smiling wide.

"Heeey..." Right, they were supposed to stop by for lunch. "Where's Scott?" If his best friend were to be the one at the door instead of the kitsune, Stiles is sure he would have overheard Stiles and Lydia's conversation and probably would have walked away but no, it had to be Kira. Not that Stiles is complaining because Kira is great, just not right now.

"Oh, he's over there," she points to the end of Lydia's driveway. "He's just paying the pizza guy. What about Lydia?"

Stiles can't really tell why but it seems to him like Kira saw right through him. The girl is trying - and not very successfully at that - to hide a playful smile. "Uh... Bathroom," he murmurs.

The girl narrows her eyes at him with a smirk. "We thought we'd come sooner. We're so excited to get to spend time with you two together. I mean, not together together..." Kira is fishing. Stiles is mostly red, looking at her like he got caught doing something he shouldn't and she wants to find out what it is. "... but your dynamic was getting kind of weird lately. You two didn't seem as close as you were before, I don't know," she rambles. "So we thought we'd get an extra hour with you guys and maybe watch a movie after lunch?" she asks with puppy dog eyes – and yes, she's been learning that from Scott. Stiles just looks back at her with a blank expression and Kira has to fight the urge to laugh in his face. "I mean, we're not interrupting anything, are we?" She's not sure if they are but she can't help but to provoke Stiles.

Innocent as Kira may look, Stiles knows her as well as she knows him. They've been spending a lot of time together mostly because of Scott, but they actually got to know each other and have a lot in common, so Stiles can't help but to roll his eyes at the girl. "Very funny. Just get inside," he says stepping aside to let her in, a smile escaping his lips nonetheless.

Kira grins, proud of herself. "Where should I put these?" she asks, shaking the bags she's carrying.

"And what are those?" Stiles tries to sneak a peek at the contents of the bags.

She grins. "Gummies and popcorn and stuff. We're spoiling you."

"And you should," he laughs back at her. "You're being very inconvenient right now, just FYI..."

"What are you two talking about?" Lydia surprises them, returning to her living room.

"Nothing," Kira and Stiles answer in unison.