Chapter Four

The next day came slowly. It was training again!

I hopped off the train last. And I was at the computer station loads. I wanted my best friend back so badly that I couldn't concentrate on anything. Break came quickly. I sat on the floor looking at the pair's and allies. Then I heard something. It was low shouts. I looked over to where Zoe and Alfie were. They were bickering angrily. I kept watching even though I felt rude watching.

Zoe stormed off in direction of her room. I nibbled the edge of my sandwich as I waited for Alfie to go after her. To my surprise, he didn't. He walked over to one of the tables and ate an apple like a real... I shouldn't say. I took one last bite of my beautiful salad sandwich and headed off to where Zoe was headed.

I listened through the door and I heard her weeping. I knew I wouldn't be able to cheer her up but I knocked anyway.

"Go away, Alfie." She called out. I immediately felt bad. Maybe I should just walk back to the lunch hall instead of- she opened the door.

"Dan." She exclaimed in surprise. She looked me up and down as if checking to see if I was Alfie in disguise.

"I wanted to see if you were alright." I said awkwardly.

"I'm fine." She said as she walked past me. She walked down the winding corridors finding her way to the gardens. I hadn't visited them yet, I was a little excited to find out what the beautiful landscape would look like.

"Zoe..." I said slowly. I said it as if one word said a sentence.

"He was deciding who to kill first." She said when we reached the garden. It was lush and green with an aura of peace floating round. The sky was a happy blue. But from what Zoe said it suddenly all seemed depressing. Was this the last garden I would see?

I found myself unable to breathe as if the peaceful aura had become poisonous. I felt I was drowning and burning all at once. How was I going to die?

I'll never get out of this alive...

A/N

Sorry I haven't updated in years. Here is an update/ changed last part.