1:

Savannah:
April 17th.

Today was the day that our new tenant would move into my sister's old bedroom. The bedroom that once was a soft pink is now a light grey. Instead of hot pink curtains, they were dark blue. Her once poster-covered walls were now bare. Waiting for the tenant to decorate. Today marked when my brother's best friend would move into our house. It was like an invasion everyone in this household was okay with but me. I was dreading this day for weeks. This is also the day before my parents leave for their two-month vacation to Bora Bora. Taking a two-month vacation seems extreme, but what do I know? I'm only a "kid." I wouldn't say I like this day. My parents could hardly contain their joy this morning at breakfast. All they could talk about was how much fun they would have. Ew. It makes me sick. Although their lovey talk makes me feel nauseated, I'm happy for my parents. I haven't seen them this excited about something in a long time. I wish it weren't at my expense. Damn them and their happiness. I must devise a plan to get out of here before the tenant arrives. 

The thought makes me shiver in disgust. It's not that my brother's best friend is unattractive. Make no mistake. He's quite the opposite. If I'm being candid, even his name sounds hot. Colton Collins. It was enough to make any hormonal teenage girl get wet. Colton stood about 5'11" with broad shoulders and muscular arms. Though I've never seen him without a shirt, I do not doubt that he has killer abs. His tousled dark brown hair was always pushed away from his face in an upward style, which allowed full access to his bedroom. His eyes were a beautiful shade of brown with hints of yellow. He had an excellent nose and plump pink lips. His jawline was pretty damn good too. As I mentioned before, Colton was hot, and he knew it. So, with naturally good looks in an adolescent life comes popularity in high school. Colton Collins wasn't your typical jock. Although, it wouldn't be wrong to see him in a football uniform or baseball pants that nicely hug his ass. 

Colton Collins was the captain of our school's lacrosse team, The Bulldogs. As dorky as that sounds, we were a pretty good team. My brother was also co-captain, another reason Colton and Brandon were great pals. Gag me despite all of the exterior good looks that Colton had. It didn't make me like him. He was an ass. Now even better, he was an ass that was going to be living with me.

 I break out of my thoughts when my cell phone starts to ring. I smile at the name that comes across the screen. Mason. An idea pops into my head. "You're not busy, are you?" I ask, skipping the greeting. Something he was used to by now. "Actually, no, that's why I'm calling." He answers. I turn in my computer chair away from my laptop. "Can you pick me up?" I ask. "Be there in ten." He replies, hanging up. I toss my phone on the bed as I walk to my closet. I discard my purple fuzzy PJ short bottoms onto the floor and wear high-waist black shorts. After rummaging through my shirt drawer, I settled on a black and red flannel shirt, taking off my white tank top with a few pizza sauce stains. I roll up the sleeves until they reach my elbow. I shove my feet into my black combat boots, then walk to my dresser, grabbing a hair tie. I messily throw my hair into a loose bun that will probably fall out in a while, but it will do for now. I spray perfume onto my wrists, rubbing them together. 

I button up my flannel shirt when Brandon walks into my room. "You're lucky I was already changed, or you would have seen me naked," I informed him. He rolls his eyes, ignoring me. "Where are you going?" He asks. I shrugged, grabbing my phone off the bed. "You know Mom and Dad want you here when Colton comes." He reminds me. I force a fake laugh out. "As if. He's your boyfriend, not mine." I say, walking toward Brandon, who happens to be leaning against the doorway. The frown on his face deepens. "Besides, it's not like he will be gone when I return home," I remark. I grab my door handle, indicating that Brandon should move. He backs up into the hallway, still facing me. I close my bedroom door behind me. "I thought you would be happy that we get to stay home alone for two months." Brandon inquired. I cross my arms over my chest. "I would be if it were just us two." I countered. Brandon sighs deeply.