Chapter 9- I Love You, Damon

I walk the streets blissfully detached. I thought becoming a vampire is the worst thing imaginable. I was wrong. Without my emotions, my head is finally clear. Not bombarded by remorse or...love.

I hear gun shots and screams. My head turns high on alert. Sure, I'm use to screams late at night since this town is full of vampires, but gun shots, that's new. I follow the noise deep into the woods where I see Katherine shoot Stefan.

I stare in disbelief. Wow, didn't think Katherine had it in her to kill her lover boy. Good riddance. That guy was a drag. He wouldn't stop nagging me about how I should turn my emotions back on.

I hear another gun shot and body drop to the ground. My eyes grow wide and my breath catches in my throat. She shot Damon!

All of a sudden, I feel like I'm drowning. All my emotions I've been closed off from for weeks come flooding back. All the awful things I've done. Everything comes back along with my love for Damon.

By the time I've regained my bearings, Katherine has been taken away by the town's folk leaving the Salvatore brothers' bodies. I run to them and cry realizing I've lost the only people who've ever truly cared for me.

A thought flashes through my head and I act on it quickly. I bite both my wrists and shove them into Stefan and Damon's mouths. Please let it not be too late.

I pull my wrists away and pick up both their limp bodies. Thank God, for vampire strength. I bring them to the only person I think I can trust at the moment: Emily Bennett.

"Emily, they're in transition," I explain.

She nods. "I knew this would happen."

"I can't be the one to help them through this. I've hurt them too much. I have to leave. It's for the best," I whisper softly.

"Are you sure? You're the only person they have left."

"They have each other. They don't need me. I came between them just as much as Katherine did. Without us in their lives they'll mend the rift between them," I sob.

I walk over to where I laid Stefan down in a bed and brush his bronze hair out of his eyes. "Stefan, you were the best friend a girl could ask for. Even when I went off the rails you didn't give up on me. Thank you for that," I say kissing him lightly on the forehead.

I move onto Damon. "There's so much I want to say to you, but I can't find the words. I don't know if your love for Katherine was real, but I want you to know my love for you is and will forever be. Damon Salvatore, being a part of your life and falling in love with you was magical. I've never met a man anything like you and never will. I love you, Damon," I cry, colliding my lips with his one last time.

When I met Damon the first time I had no clue he'd be the love of my life. And when I kissed him the first time I never imagined we'd have a good bye kiss. Yet here we are. I guess all good things must come to an end.

Eventually, love is always Ripped Away from you.

A.N. I'm sorry to say this, but this is the last chapter of Ripped Away. I know it was only nine chapters, but it was intended to be short. Just a little side story I was working on during my free time. I hope you liked it and I've even been debating making a sequel where I introduce Aubrey Baxter into one of the seasons of TVD. You know, so maybe Damon and Bree can have that happy ending they deserve. Tell me what you think :)