Chapter 8- The Deadly Aftermath

It didn't feel right leaving Mr. Salvatore's body, so I sat beside it until someone opened the door. I know. I know. Staying at the scene of the murder is plain stupid on my part, but I'm not the type of person to run from my problems. I own up to what I do, so now I'm going to own up to Stefan and Damon about killing their father.

The first person to finally open the door is Stefan. His mouth drops open and he stands there in the doorway processing what has happened.

I stare at him desperately with tears evident in my eyes. I fear he will finally; him and Damon both. Just thinking about it makes me feel empty on the inside. I need more than ever right now for them to forgive me. Without them I will surely go off the rails and lose myself.

Eventually, Stefan comes over to me and sits down beside me. He turns to his father then back to me. I plead with him with my eyes. I can't bear the thought of my best friend hating me.

Distracted in my thoughts, I'm startled when Stefan wraps his arms around me and rests his head on my shoulder. He whispers sweet nothings to me and I feel a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.

"I'm a vampire!" I cry out, shaking uncontrollably.

"Did Katherine do this to you?"

"You know what she is, too?"

"Yes."

"I hate her!" I scream and grasp onto his shirt for support. "She's ruined my life!"

I pull away from Stefan when I hear shuffling in the doorway. There stands a stunned Damon. I stand and walk towards him, but he backs away and raises his hands in front of him.

"Stay away!" he yells.

"Please, Damon. It's still me," I whimper.

"You're not Bree. She would never do something like this. She has a heart. You don't," he argues with me.

He called me heartless. Hearing him say that makes me feel like he tore my heart out with his hands. A sob erupts from me and I collapse to my knees. "Why do you feel like this towards me? Katherine did this to me and you don't hate her."

"Katherine has never killed someone I care about, so don't compare yourself to her. I love her."

His words cut through the air like a bullet, only a bullet would have been less painful. I feel like I no longer have anything to live for. Everything around me causes me pain. I wish I could just shut it all out.

As I think that, something stirs in me. A feeling of isolation and emptiness. My emotions drift away until they are no more and my tears stop.

I stare Damon straight in the eyes and I feel absolutely nothing.

A.N. I can't believe it. I started writing this chapter having no clue where it was going and ended up having her turn off her humanity. Even I, the writer, did not see this coming. I wonder what will happen with an emotionless Aubrey on the loose? I want more than anything for Damon and Bree to rekindle their love but there just seems to be so many issues standing in their way. Vote and comment what you think. Hopefully I'll post another chapter for this book and I'm Never The One very soon.

And shout out to Ella_WhoLocked my most devoted fan :)