24. Chapter : Tear In My Heart

"Since tears pass and time heals the pain, I have a thousand thoughts and hope that remains."

-Unknown

~

"Sasuke ?"

"I..." Naruto started feeling dread when Sasuke couldn't continue his sentence.

"I'm not good enough, I'm sorry." And the warmth of Sasuke next to him disappeared. Naruto widened his blue eyes. Sasuke had left the room. Left the hospital. Left him.

All alone.

~

There are always those relationships that end badly, or worse. Then there are those that work through the problems. Naruto was confused as to which one this one is. Or was.

'Was I wrong about trusting him ?' He sighs miserably. It was morning. Birds chirping annoyingly loud through the open window next to his hospital bed. Sun shining its warm rays to his hands that were numbly laid down at his lap.

His mind felt as if it was on pause like a game. That all he could stare was the menu page and couldn't continue playing. He looked outside the window from his bed. He didn't want to close it, even though the birds were loud and it was giving him a mild headache. He was still a bit high on the morphine, but not like how he was at first.

'Did he really leave me. Just like that. Like it didn't mean anything...Like I don't mean anything. No..It can't be..'

Naruto stared at his breakfast that the nice nurse brought him. The nurse was kind and patient, but the food in the hospital gave him shivers. He wasn't even sure what it was..Maybe bacon..Or something.

The blond groaned and scowled, his whisker marks crunching along with the bridge of his nose. He wanted nothing more than to find the bastard and beat some sense in to him.

He blanched. Maybe not..He hadn't heard the raven's excuse yet, so he couldn't judge. But he could be angry. And frustrated. And sad.

He felt tears burning his eyes, and he furiously rubbed his face and attempted to smile, even if he didn't have to. He tried to turn the corners of his mouth upside, but they didn't move. Not an inch.

'Tch. That bastard..' Naruto cursed inside his mind but on the outside he couldn't make himself to be furious. A bit angry, but nothing more. It was like he was used to the pain of his precious people leaving him behind and the rejection felt like a usual occurrence.

He didn't want to be used to it. People aren't supposed to get used to the pain. They're supposed to hate the pain and avoid it at all costs. But he felt drawn to it. He couldn't call himself a masochist since he didn't even feel that much pain. All he felt was numb. The only physical pain was the dull aching coming from his wounded shoulder and from his slowly healing ribs.

He started remembering that one day, when they went to the amusement park and where Sas-He got freaked out by a clown. Twice. And how he told about a part of his past to him. And when they were walking from the park as the Sun was setting down, casting warm colors to the sky like some world famous painter had splashed those colors on to the blank canvas.

~

Naruto laughed. Loudly. He felt tears strolling down his cheeks as he tried to control his laughter. Sasuke had seen another clown, but closer this time, so they were off the park. Sasuke controlling his blush of embarrassment and Naruto his laughter. It was pointless, though.

"Dobe ! Stop laughing, moron !" Sasuke 'screeched' and Naruto stared at him for a minute with a blank face. And continued laughing. Sasuke huffed, but halted when he saw a vendor for a throwing darts and a dartboard. He saw all those fluffy plushies for prizes.