I couldn't help the bark of laughter that escaped my throat. Kian was too cute for words. The way those expressive chocolate orbs widened at my words, and how those cherry red lips parted in surprise had me so hard, I felt like I could punch a hole right through the countertop with my erected dick. Damn, now I can't wait until tomorrow rolled around to see if my little mouse had the courage to come back and face me.

Kian...

I hurried out of the café and across the courtyard as fast as my feet could carry me. My face felt like the skin was going to melt right off, that was how furiously I was blushing. My thoughts were so scattered. I almost rushed right past my best friend, Shelby. That was until she gently grabbed me by the elbow and tugged in order to get my attention.

"Whoa, whoa. Where's the fire, sweet pea?" She teased as she dragged me towards the picnic table where she and my other friend Brandon were seated.

"Um...Sorry I'm just having a moment." I mumbled as I took a seat and stuck the straw of my float into my mouth and took a sip of the yummy goodness. You have to understand my propensity for ice cream floats or anything containing vanilla cream because I came from a large family and as the youngest, two things always happened in our household. The first thing was, our parents catered to what everyone agreed on when it came to treats, and the second was, being the youngest I had no say at all when those occurrences happened. So when it came to our choices for sweets it's always what my other siblings wanted and they never wanted plain old vanilla, which is my favorite.

We were allowed to have real sugar and confections only twice a year, on our birthdays and on Christmas Day. Other than that it was forbidden. I guess my mother thought that she had enough to deal with having six children running around her skirts all the time, and she didn't need six children running rampant on a sugar high to contend with as well. So now that all my hard work has paid off and I secured my scholarships, I took advantage of getting off the farm and into the world where I can have my vanilla goodness everyday if I wanted to.

I tried to concentrate on my treat but that tattooed Adonis had gone and ruined it for me. Now I can't even savor the creamy delight without thinking about him. It was so much better when he just mixed my treats without speaking to me, and letting me imagine that he was straight with an equally good looking girlfriend somewhere that he had sex with on a regular basis.

That was all shot to hell now, there was no doubt in my mind that the sexy beast was gay or at least bisexual. My hands shook as I pushed my glasses further up on my nose. I began to wonder if the gorgeous barista was playing with me, or was he genuinely interested in me. I had no clue about these things.

I have spent my entire life with my face buried in a book trying to learn and work my way into getting as many scholarship grants that I was eligible for. I wanted to get out of Farmville U.S.A. My major was Biochemistry Engineering, and I was currently studying for my MCAT as well. My goal of getting my Doctoral degrees. My ultimate dream is to get into research, especially those that involved the study and treatment of infectious diseases and cellular abnormalities, like cancer. I wanted to work on finding a cure for them.

"So Kian, Friday night. What are you doing?" Brandon casually asked me while he tapped his the of his pen against the cover of his notebook.

"Hmm...other than study for my organic chemistry exam on Monday afternoon, nothing really. Why, what's up?" I asked not really paying attention because I just finished off my treat, I wished I had gotten the cup in extra large size.

By the time I looked up I noticed that Shelby was busy looking expectantly back and forth between us, and trepidation made the hair on the back of my neck stand on end. I hoped Brandon wasn't getting ready to ask me out on a date. Lately he has been giving off the vibes that he was interested in me for more than just friendship. It's gotten serious enough that even with my cluelessness I've still picked up on it. I truly valued his friendship but I wasn't interested in Brandon like that, and I didn't want anything to interfere with our friendship. I silently prayed he wasn't going to ask me out but with the way Shelby was practically vibrating in her seat with what looked like anticipation, I knew it was coming.