Chapter 20: A Pirates Life For Me.

Chapter 20 - A Pirates Life For Me

*Juliet's POV*

Today was the day Jack was sent to hang 'til dead, today was also the day that I'll be starting my life as a pirate. Saying goodbye to the Port Royal life and saying hello to the new adventure packed lifestyle as a infamous Nickel.

In the battlement of Port Royal was where I stood, among the crowd watching Jack stand there looking as inauspicious as he could. Dressed in black trousers and a white shirt, my coat, hat, new boots (where I can keep extra knives there if needed) and new weapons (two pistols, two swords that Will and I made myself and three other knives hidden in my belt) hidden from sight I tried to look as innocent as I could however it was rather a task as I would normally be wearing a dress, anyone who was observant enough might pick up that something was going on. Drums sounded keeping a steady beat and eyes kept watch.

"Jack Sparrow-" The officer read from the proclamation, "Captain. Captain Jack Sparrow." I saw Jack mutter while standing on the gallows making me smile. "-be it known that you have been charged for your willful commission of crimes against the crown. Said crimes being numerous in quantity and sinister in nature, the most egregious of these to be cited herewith - piracy, smuggling."

I felt a hand on my shoulder, "ready?" Someone next to me ask in a hushed tone, I smiled. Will was in on the plan, "ready." I whispered as he let go of my should and made his way to Elizabeth, Weatherby and Norrington.

"impersonating an officer of the Spanish Royal Navy," the officer seemed to drone on and on, "impersonating a cleric of the Church of England." Jack seemed to smiled and mutter something when the officer said that. "Sailing under false colours, arson, kidnapping, looting, poaching, brigandage."

I saw a flash of colour in the corner of my eye - Cotton's parrot. I smiled, the Black Pearl is coming. Watching it land on the yard of a flagpole one of the guards I stiffened a laugh as it landing a large white poo on the shoulder of the guard. Looking back at Jack we locked eye contact and I motioned my head to Cotton's parrot warning him the Pearl's presents was nearby. Catching on Jack glanced at the parrot and smiled.

"pilfering, depravity, depredation, and general lawlessness. And for these crimes you have been sentenced to be, on this day, hung by the neck until dead. May God have mercy on your soul."

The drumming soon picked up as the noose was put around Jack's neck. "Move!" Will and I shouted pushing people out the way, racing to get to the front in time. As the drums stopped and the executioner pulled the lever Will and I threw our swords as Jack fell through landing on our weapons using them as a foothold to stop him from his death. I then ran up the the gallow while Will fought off the guards that tried to stop us I fought with the executioner trying not to hit Jack by mistake. I disarmed him and pushed him over the edge and onto Norrington who had tried to stop us. Flipping off I saw Jack run from underneath the gallow with the rope he once had around his neck, "Juliet!" He shouted throwing me the other end, I caught it moments before we tripped three guards up and continued running to the battlement edge. Running up the stairs we fought off two more guards while Will kept on our heels fighting off the guards we couldn't fight, switching places with each other we caught the two guards in between the rope and the pillar pulled the rope tight knocking the guards out as they slammed their head against the pillar. It's amazing what you can do with rope. Two more soldiers tried to attack us but we fought them off, dodging blows to the head Jack Will and I rolled in sync to the pillar in front of us and ran to the edge of the battlement only to be surrounded by a hoard of guards pointing weapons at us. We spun around around, trying to find an exit but to no avail.

"I thought we might have to endure some manner of ill-conceived escape attempt but not from you." Norrington said as we had stopped spinning, mine and Will's weapons drawn I growled at him from under my hat. "On our return to Port Royal, I granted you two clemency. And this is how you thank me? By throwing in your lot with him? He's a pirate!" Governor Swann said with Elizabeth beside him.

"And a good man." I said defending Jack and throwing my sword down, "If all we have achieved here is that the hangman will earn three pairs of boots instead of one, so be it. At least our consciences will be clear." I growled, I could not just stand there and let Jack get hung. "You forget your place, Nickel and Turner." "It's right here," both me and Will said, "between you and Jack." I glare at him as I saw Elizabeth walk over to us. I glance at her as if she were mad. "As is mine." She spoke holding Will's hand. "Elizabeth!" Her father exclaimed, "lower your weapons. For goodness' sake put them down!" The tension between the weapons and us four were dropped.

"So this is where your heart truly lies, then?" Norrington said, honestly is face showed it all. If I had any sympathy towards him I would give it to him but I didn't, he's still an asshole. "It is." Elizabeth said making his face shatter more.

"Well! I'm actually feeling rather good about this." Jack said breaking the silence, "I think we've all arrived at a very special place, eh?" He said walking over to Weatherby,"spiritually. Ecumenically. Grammatically?" His breath must have reeked as it looked like Weatherby was about to throw up, Jack then walked over to Norrington. "I want you to know that I was rooting for you, mate. Know that." I laughed mentally, rolling my eyes as he walked away and stopped after he past Elizabeth. Elizabeth. It would never have worked between us, darling. I'm sorry." He continued walking and stopped again, "Will." He spoke looking at him, "nice hat." Will's smile after being complemented was honestly the happiest I've ever seen him.

"Juliet?" I heard Jack small making me look at him. He gave me 'the look'. "Aye." I smiled, returning 'the look' back to him making him grin and run over to the edge of the battlement then face us. "Friends! This is the day that you will always remember as the day that-" typical, he fell over the edge. I laughed and ran over to the edge as well as I said my goodbye.

"I'm Juliet Nickel ready to take back the Nickel legend. A pirate's life is for me." I smiled turning and diving into the water below.

Resurfacing I grinned at Jack who was floating beside me, he flashed me a toothy smile. "'ello Miss Nickel." I laugh, "hello Captain Sparrow." I replied before swimming to the Pearl. Seeing Cotton throw us a line me and Jack grabbed into it as we were hoisted onto the ship.

"I thought you were supposed to keep to the Code." He said to Mr. Gibbs, "we figured they were more actual, guidelines." He replied helping us up. "Thank you." Jack said as Cotton handed his hat to him then turned to me and gave me a sword, "for me?" I asked unsheathing it, I studied it, the handle was lined with white gold, "its beautiful." I said with a grin on my face. Jack put his arm around my should, "I hoped you'd like it." He said as I hugged him, "thank you." I said into his chest before pulling away. "I found it after we killed Barbossa and thought you'd like it." "Aye, now I have three swords. But this one will be my favorite by far." I smiled wrapping it's belt around my hips.

"Captain Sparrow," Anamaria said putting Jack's coat on him, "the Black Pearl is yours." Walking up to the helm of the ship Jack ran his hand over the wheel while taking his arm off my shoulders. Aware of the audience he had gained he stopped. "On deck, you scabrous dogs! Man the braces! Let down and haul to run free." He ordered making everyone run to their stations.

"Now, bring me that horizon." He said smiling putting his arm back around my shoulders, taking out his compass he passed it to me, "where do you want to go, love?" He asked me as I opened the compass, watching it land on a bottle of rum beside me I picked it up uncorked it and took a sip before watching the dial spin around until it stopped, pointing towards the sun; I smiled and started to hum as Jack shifted the wheel to the direction I wanted to go and hummed along with me.

"And really bad eggs." We said together with the same toothy grin on our faces, "drink up, me 'earties, yo ho."

//AN//
That's the last chapter of this fanfic! But I'm soon to publish the sequeal. These two last chapters are for my friend Bobby who asked for me to update, thanks Bobby!!
Stay Rad