Chapter 10: The Memory.

Chapter 10 - The Memory

*Juliet's POV*
Jack and I were taken aboard the Pearl and quite frankly I was trying to keep my nerve with all the men staring at me. I kept close to Jack since he is the only one I really trust, by close I mean behind him close. I didn't like the looks the men aboard were giving me, the predator sort of look. I wanted to glare at them, I really did but not with as many men aboard. From my usual fight mode I felt it shift to flight mode.

Following Jack who was following Captain Barbossa we were told to sit down. Doing as directed we sat there, Jack and Barbossa were talking while I was looking around (also trying to find my way of escape). When I found none I started to listen in on their conversation, "So you expect to leave me standing on some beach with nothing but a name and your word it's the one I need and watch you sail away in my ship?" "No. I expect to leave you standing on some beach with absolutely no name at all, watching me sail away on my ship and then I'll shout the name back to you. Savvy?" "But that still leaves us with the problem of me standing on some beach with naught but a name and your word it's the one I need."

"Of the two of us, I am the only one who hasn't committed mutiny, therefore my word is the one we'll be trusting. And Juliet here." Jack said taking an apple and then pointing at me making Barbossa look at me, he looked like he was trying remember something. What was the problem with pirates and their god forsaken looks. First Jack looks at me like that, now Barbossa!

I was brought back at Jack taken a bite out of the apple, "funny ol' world, innit?" He offered Barbossa the apple when another pirate walked in. He was tall, far taller than me. "Captain, we're coming up on the Interceptor." He spoke in a deep voice making Barbossa go outside while Jack got up at the same time following.

At the helm of the Pearl Barbossa had a telescope out looking towards the Interceptor. Jack, being Jack, stood in front of the telescope blocking the view making Barbossa take it away and look at him. "I'm having a thought here, Barbossa." Jack said while I stood to the aide of Barbossa, "that say we run up a flag of truce? I scurry over to the Interceptor, and I negotiate the return of your medallion, eh? What say you to that?" "Now you see, Jack, that's exactly the attitude that lost you the Pearl. People are easy to search when they're dead." Barbossa said then looked at the pirate who told Barbossa about the Interceptor. "Lock them in the brig."

***

"So Juliet?" Jack said as I was sat on the floor a small pool is sea water, "yes?" "How do you suppose we escape?" "I don't know Jack, I thought you would know that since you usually escape situations." I said looking around for the keys, "there." I said pointing at them, "the keys"

I started looking around and thinking how to get the keys until Jack spoke, "Juliet, remember when you said you'd promise to tell me what you seemed startled at on the Interceptor?" I looked at him and nodded, "aye." God damn I'm starting to speak like a pirate, "what was it?" I sighed and leant against the wall of the ship and patted (more like splashed) the space next to me. "You might want to sit next to me, I'm not sure if you'll believe me" I said as he sat down.

"The reason I stumbled back was that I had a vision flashback I guess you would call it. I don't really understand how it happened but you were in it. We were young, I was 4 and you were 9. We were playing pirate and damsel." I stole a glance at him and he was just looking at me with a slight smile, "go on." He said, "well I was running away from you as we were playing and I crashed into this girl who was far taller than me and you, she was 7 I think called Tamathy? Anyway, I crashed into her and well she started picking me until you yelled at her and attacked her and told me to run." I looked at him again, this time he was smiled, quite widely actually. "You probably think I'm insane and I did think you'd want to actually hear about it but apparently you did so -" Jack cut me off, "no no, it's fine, go on." I sighed and finished, "well I was running home but then I thought I couldn't let you deal with her, she was twice your size width and height. So I ran back and attacked her making her run, crying back home. I'm sorry if this sounds crazy." I looked at him again but he was grinning from ear to ear.

"I don't think you're crazy. In fact I'm surprised you remembered that." I looked at him confused, "excuse me?" "You don't believe that to be real do you?" I shook my head "how could it be real? I never knew you before 7" "Of course you did Juliet, I knew your father and brother." "Brother?" "Yes, brother." He got up and offered his hand to help me up, I took it. "Did your father never mention him?" Jack asked looking at me with a look, I shook my head, "apparently he didn't." I said as I heard common fire.

Quickly Jack dived to the small hole in the wood and pulled away onto the floor grabbing me just before a common ball hit my head. "Woah," I breathed out as Jack shouted, "STOP BLOWING HOLES IN MT SHIP!" "Jack!" I said looking at the lock on the cell. I scrambled to my feet, grabbing Jack's wrist pulling him up and running out the cell. "Come on, we need to get back to the crew." I said stealing the keys to annoy Barbossa's crew when they start looking for them.

Walking out the door to the brig I asked Jack a question, "so when we get back to the Interceptor, do you give me permission to murder Will?" I asked walking to the edge of the ship. "Let's just concentrate on getting back to the Interceptor shall we?"

//AN//
So I am aware that reading the movie scrip is tedious and trust me, it is extremely boring writing it out. However, hopefully things will soon become more interesting in the next couple of chapters.
Take what you can, give nothing back.
Ps, feedback and 'votes' are (very) welcome.