Chapter 19: Pirate Blood.

Chapter 19 - Pirate Blood

*Juliet's POV*

"Father?" I called entering my home, after being away for it for a month or so it sure felt weird to step back into it again. "Father?" I called again, "Claire? Mary? Anyone?" I shut the door and jumped when my father hugged me. "Juliet! Oh how much I've been worried about you." He whispered, his voice cracking making me tear up and smile. "Oh father. I've missed you." I said turning around and hugging him back.

When we left Isla de Muerta Jack's crew had stuck to the code and left without him. It was expected, they are pirates after all. But this meant that Jack would be sent to the gallows and hung for his crimes. I thought that was ridiculous, he helped save Elizabeth for God's sake.

"Juliet. Where have you been? Last time I saw you was one month ago! I thought you had died until Claire told me you had run off in the night of the attack. What happened?" He asked pulling away with worry but relief written on his face. "Well, its a long story." I then proceeded to explain everything, from when I fought on the streets to breaking Jack out, being marooned on that island and killing Barbossa - everything.

"Father? What happened to..." I paused, "to. Louis?" I asked quietly. I looked up at him seeing he looked a little bit guilty. "Juliet. You might want to sit down for this." He said as I sat down, petting Hayley who had come and sat next to me. "You see, our family - the Nickel family - were, pirates and still are. Your grandpa was a pirate and his father was too. We all were. Even I was when I was younger but I changed my ways when I met your mother, she showed me the world through her eyes. I stopped my lawlessness ways and married her. We had a child before you, your brother: Louis. As he grew up your grandpa kept filling his head with the old tales of our family's great secrets as pirates." He explained, "how did we not get caught though?" I asked. Surely if we were pirates, we would be hunted down and hung right? "Ah, now that's when your cousin, Stevenson Longrade cleared our history and only the tales lived on. However we didn't change our name, we just stayed low for a couple of years until we were certain we could come back." "What about Louis?" "Louis, ah. He kept talking about how he'd sail the world and find the treasure of Kalo Monérata and after time, he did. He left after your mother died, leaving me to take care of you. I couldn't though, I had recently changed jobs from working with Mr. Brown in the blacksmith's shop and started working with the Swann family. I couldn't handle you in your own so one of Louis' best friend, the man you know as Jack Sparrow-" "Captain. Captain Jack Sparrow." I cut in, I guess Jack's personality really did rub off on me. "Sorry, Captain Jack Sparrow, helped care for you. Bringing you up like a sister of his own. But when you turned 7 he had to leave, he had gotten into trouble with the government - also he wanted to sail the world much like your brother. On the brighter side I could look after you while balancing work on my hands, however I had to find someone who could look after you when I had to work late, that's when you met Charles and Jade. I knew their mother through your mother, they were best friends."

I let this sink in for a few moments. "How did I come by these scars though?" I asked pointing to my lip and shoulder scars. "Well you'll have to ask Jack about that, you came back from a fight because of your brother and his ways. I'm not sure what happened myself but Jack said you took those guys out who gave you these scars." I smiled imagining my younger self. "Look," my father said then rolled up his sleeve to reveal a very faint 'P' on his right arm, "both me and your grandpa and every other Nickel has the same brand burnt into us. I'm sure your brother has one if he's been caught." I ran my fingers over the scar "Juliet. You know what this means." I nodded, "the blood of a pirate runs through my veins."

***

Evening had soon fallen and I had caught up with everything that I needed to know and I told my tale of Captain Barbossa and the Aztec Curse. It was quite a story to tell and everyone seemed intrigued to hear. I visited the cells after talking to my father and passed a note to Jack unnoticed by the guards, I told him to read it after the guards had left. I then headed to find Will and see if he was going to participate with the plan, he didn't give me a straightforward answer so I guess well find out tomorrow.

"Father? Are you sure about this decision?" I asked while having dinner. "Yes, I'm certain Juliet. It's in your blood to travel and have adventures of your own. It's not good for a Nickel to be locked onto a land forever." He smiled at me. "Oh father, I'm going to miss you so much." I smiled getting up and hug him. "I'm going to miss you to but you need to find your brother and tell him the stories about your adventures." I laughed, "aye, I sure do." Father chuckled, "see Julie, you're already halfway to becoming an infamous Nickel pirate." I laughed and kissed his cheek. "Goodnight father. Sleep well." I said smiling and walking upstairs preparing myself for tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I'll be sailing the world with Jack. If everything goes smoothly of course.