After Hours

I wake up around 1:20 in the morning with a massive headache. I groan as I sit up, making my way into the bathroom and splash my face with some cold water. I quietly make sure that both Victoria and Tommy are asleep, then I grab my leather coat and boots get inside my car. I just need out of the house, get some air.

I back out of my driveway, and start driving to nowhere in particular. I don't plan on getting outside of the vehicle, I just need a change in scenery. I have the radio on, and I'm relaxed, just letting my mind drift. I continue on like this for about thirty minutes, even though I know I should pay more attention to driving. I mostly think about Tommy. He's done so much for me, and he's an incredible guy, he really is.

Thirty minutes turn into sixty, and the clock reads 2:30, much to my displeasure. I may as well turn back, I don't want Tommy or Victoria to notice my disappearance. Speaking of Victoria, I have no clue what to tell her, next time we talk. It's clearly going to be awkward, with her confession and all.

I'm about ten minutes away from home when it happens. Completely unexpected, a large SUV swerves around and stops right in front of me. I slam on my breaks, but not soon enough. I crash right into the car, not to mention the car behind me crashing into mine, a sharp pain rips through my body and I loose consciousness.

***

Pain. It seems like pain has been my dominant feeling these past two months.

I wake up, aching all over, with cold metal beneath me. I look up, am I dreaming? I don't think it is, but the cage around me has left me with a strong feeling of déjà vu. I don't see Tommy, however.

The room I'm in has dull grey walls, and a single light. The walls are bare, and the only furnishing the room has is the cage that holds me captive.

I try to stand up, but there's not a spot on my body that doesn't ache like hell, and something yanks at my neck, pulling me down again. Chains. I run my hands over my neck, feeling a spiked metal collar, connecting me with the cage.

I sit there for what feels like hours, and it probably is hours, but I have no way of telling the time. A door that had previously been unnoticed opens, revealing a bright light and a silhouette of a person. My eyes adjust quickly, and I find a slender woman standing in the doorway.

She gives me a smirk, "hello, little freak." I narrow my eyes but don't reply, so she continues. "I know you're hurting everywhere from the wreck, and I know you're clearly hungover, but you're probably wondering what you're doing here, and you'll find out all in good time, but right now, I'll be asking the questions. "

I roll my eyes, "I'm sorry, but the last thing I need is another interview. I've had enough of those."

"Really? Because I looked up 'winged man' and I found nothing. You've been hiding. You're not famous at all."

I cock an eyebrow, "really? Do you know my name?"

She furrows her eyebrows, "no?" she steps closer, and I can see her features better. She is tall and skinny, with lengthy black hair and dark, plain clothing. Her makeup is heavy, and it makes her purple eyes pop.

I shake my head, "it doesn't matter. Why am I caged? Who are you?"

She motions for me to zip it, "it's not your time for asking questions, Zachary, it's mine."

I squint my eyes, "my name isn't Zachary."

"Well, Ryan, you said your name didn't matter."

Did she really just go there? "well if you call me by names that aren't mine, I'm entitled to call you by names that aren't yours, Rebecca."

She snorts, "I like you, I wish my boss didn't have you chained. If I had a different job, I would have liked to be your friend. My name is Vanessa, what is yours?"

"Are you not creative enough to come up with a different name every time you address me?" I answer anyways, "I'm Adam."

"So, Adam, I must ask, why do you have wings? Ever since my boss saw you in the prison, he's become obsessed with finding you again. A real human with real wings, its amazing."

I scoff, "man, you're not going to believe my answer. Also, I have a collar on, why would I want to tell you anything when I'm being treated like a dog?"

"The boss said you acted like a dog, back at the prison. At least until your friend fainted. And you have wings, so I'm open to believing any possibility."

How did her boss know what happened in a top security area? Surely she doesn't work for Char. "How would he know if I acted like a dog or not?"

"You were in a top security area, did you really think there wouldn't be cameras? My boss is an excellent hacker, getting into cameras isn't a problem." I hadn't thought about that, and that also rules out the possibility of her working for Char.

I shake my head, "why don't you just let me tell your boss, face to face?"

"I'm afraid that isn't an option," her eyes narrow.

Okay, I've kept my cool for this long, but I guess it's okay to get a little angry now. "And why the hell not? He's got me chained and imprisoned, I think I have the right to see who this moron is. You're not going to be getting any information from me, not until I can speak with your boss."

She shakes her head, "all in good time, Adam, all in good time."

**Yay more villains! I'm probably more excited than anyone else is lol. Who do you think "the boss" could be? Is he a character that's already been introduced or is he new? If you have any theories, I'd love to hear them! Don't forget to comment/vote etc.! Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed!**