More Than a Crush

**Two Days Later**

It's been two days since I've gotten home from the hospital. Neither Victoria or I have left the house, and honestly I'm getting a little stir crazy. Tommy would leave every now and then, but he stays home most of the time with us, trying to entertain us. Tommy and I have even put on a mock concert for Victoria, but that was after Tommy left to grab one of his guitars. It was a tedious task for him, because he happened to leave when the traffic was thickest.

Right now I'm sitting on my bed, blasting music through my speakers like a teenager. Tommy left about ten minutes ago to go get some groceries, and he's been talking about grabbing one of his games, because I have like no video games at home, and he's been complaining.

I almost don't hear the knock at the door, but I do, and since there's only one other person at the house, I know it's Victoria. "Come in," I say.

She opens the door shyly as I pause my music. I meet her eyes and she blushes, then she gracefully makes her way to where I am sitting, standing two feet away from me. "Adam."

I cock an eyebrow, "Victoria," I say her name back to her, not quite sure what she's about to do.

"Listen," she looks down, letting her hair fall in her face, casting a shadow on her lovely features, "I know what you told me that first night, but-"

I interrupt, "I told you a lot of things, which one are you getting at?"

She sighs, "about what you are."

"I still don't know what you're talking about. That I'm a singer? That I'm like you?"

"That you're gay," she doesn't look me in the eye.

"Do you have a problem with me being gay?"

"Yes," she answers quietly, I'm about to respond but she continues, "yes, Adam, I have a problem with you being gay because I like you. Like I, I like like you, and you can't return the favor."

I frown, "there's nothing wrong with a crush, Victoria. True, I don't have a crush on you, but I still think you're beautiful and have a wonderful personality."

"Yeah, but it's more than a crush."

"What do you mean? That you-?"

"That I love you. Adam, I'm sorry, but I think I love you."

She hasn't even known me a month, why does she think she loves me? "Victoria, how can you love me?"

"I've looked you up, learned what I could about you, and added that with what I've learned about you by being with you, and it all made sense. I feel like I've known you my whole life, and I don't know what to do."

I don't know how to respond to that, but luckily, I don't have to. I hear the front door open, and I squeeze past Victoria.

"Tommy Joe!" I shout ecstatically as I see him.

He chuckles, "damn, I didn't think I was so exciting. What has you in such a grand mood, dare I ask?"

I look at the ceiling and pretend to think for a moment, "um, I'm bored to death?"

He laughs, then places the bags he was carrying on the kitchen table. It takes him a couple trips before he's got it all. "To death? Really? That's a shame," he reaches up to pat me on the head, "let me know next time you're dying, I'll try to help. It's a pain having to resurrect my boss."

I snort, "but you do it so well." I lean against him, smirking, before nipping his ear playfully.

"Really, Adam?" He puts his hands on his hips, but it's easy to tell he's trying hard not to laugh.

"Whatcha gonna do 'bout it?" I ask, jumping behind the couch.

"I'm gonna get you for it, that's what," a grin plays across his face as he chases after me. We run around the living room for a little bit before he runs short of breath. "Adam, please."

I cock my head, before walking back to him, and pull him against me, wrapping my arms and wings around him. "Shh, shh, it's alright." I pat his back awkwardly.

"What are you doing?" He laughs some more. "Have you been drinking?"

"Maybe a little bit? As in not at all." I pull away and look into his amber eyes. They were pretty, as was the rest of him. I know he's straight, but if he asked me to, I would date him in an instant. It's been that way since the first kiss, but I've never mentioned it. I would hate to ruin our close relationship anyways, I love the friendship we share.

"Don't kid yourself," he says, "you haven't had an ounce if alcohol since you got your wings, have you?"

I bow my head, "yeah."

He sighs, "that's not good. I don't want a depressed dead boss. What do you have?"

I think for a moment, "vodka? Um, I may be out of tequila I'm not sure."

What happens next is pretty predictable, I drink about twice the amount of what Tommy drinks, and I feel my mind grow fuzzy. I feel his arm around my shoulder as he leads me to my bedroom, chuckling the whole while. "This isn't what I meant, we were just gonna have a little." He tucks me into my bed, laughing as he playfully kisses my forehead goodnight.

But to me that kiss wasn't a joke.

**A/N: Yayyy another chapter. I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did, and please comment and vote, because those are what keep me writing. Btw, 600+ reads? Omg you guys are amazing, and it makes me feel really good about both my story and myself, so thank you so much!**