Coming home from tour [E]

I checked my phone again for the two hundredth time.

Still no texts.

His plane was supposed to land a half hour ago.

I continued to sit and wait as I fiddled with the strings of my sweatshirt.

My fingers softly scratched my jeans, anxiously awaiting his arrival.

Ethan has been away on tour for 3 months, and hasn't come home once since he left.

My phone buzzed.

I jumped slightly and grabbed it out of my back pocket.

It was from Ethan.

From Ethan: Plane got delayed another hour :( Go home and sleep and I'll meet you there

I shut my eyes, wanting to cry.

To Ethan: I'm not leaving this airport without you

I stood up and went to grab a Starbucks coffee. It would be a long night waiting for him.

-

I watched as people exited Gate 4.

I glanced down at my phone to see if he had texted me.

Nothing.

"Y/N" I heard a loud voice call from in front of me.

My head shot up.

There, standing a few feet away from me was Ethan. He opened his arms wide as he continued to walk towards me.

I ran and jumped into his arms, wrapping my arms around his chest tightly, burying my head into his sweatshirt.

"I missed you so much" I cried into his chest, tears slowly falling from my eyes.

"I missed you too baby" he said, rubbing my back tightly as he we hugged.

We stood there for a few moments, mumbling a each others names and about how much we missed each other.

After minutes, we pulled away and he looked down at me.

"I can't believe you actually waited here for me. It's almost 2am" he said.

"I told you, I wasn't leaving here without you" I smiled and hugged him again. This time, I looked up at him as he leaned down and kissed my lips passionately.

"That's the last time I leave you for tour. Next time, you're coming with me" he swayed up back and forth slightly in our hug.

I smiled big.

We pulled away and he grabbed my hand with his only free hand.

"C'mon, let's go home" he said, yawning and kissing my cheek.