4

Dear journal,

So, here's a summary of what happened after I last wrote:

I got to my parents house and my mom helped me do my makeup and hair. Just as she finished, Allison pulled up in this fancy limousine that she somehow rented and got out, looking very dapper in her tuxedo. She strolled up the front porch and knocked on the door, which I then opened. She proceeded to shake both my mom and dad's hands and introduce herself as Austin, the name she used when she was a male. By the way, even when she was a male, she still preferred female pronouns, which is why I am calling her by female pronouns instead of male pronouns. Anyway, back to the story. So as we're walking away, I turned and yelled at my parents, "Just so you guys know, Austin was actually born a girl and she is genderfluid. And I'm genderfluid too. Just thought you might want to know the secret I've kept for three years. Bye!" Then we got in the limo and drove off, laughing at the outraged look on my parents faces. Thankfully, I had left my phone at the apartment so I wouldn't be getting texts from them all night while Allison and I partied. Time skip to us arriving at the school and meeting up with Lilly, Amy, John, and Sammy. Just as the music started, a boy, Allen, who always picked on me for the way I dressed and for having a flat chest (Which, by the way, I don't. I actually have quite large female accessories, but I wear a chest binder) came over and asked me to dance. I looked at him, looked at Allison, looked back at him, and said, "Oh, you must not recognize me! I'm Alex." Allen's face was priceless. He looked like a cow that had been hit with a shovel. Then he asked in shock, "Alex? As in, Alex Browning? But, but, you're flat chested! Did you get implants? Or did you stuff your bra?" I laughed and answered, "If you must know, these babies are natural. I usually wear a chest binder. Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to get back to dancing with my date. Scram." Then Allison grabbed my hand and pulled me onto the dance floor. There were playing some random slow song that apparently Allison knew how to dance to, because she pulled me close, grabbed my hand, and said, "Alright, left foot forward, right foot back. Now right foot to the right, left foot to the right." and so on. As we danced, she giggled, "You're pretty good at this." I answered, "You too. Where did you learn to dance?" Allison answered breezily, "Oh, I've had many dance classes. My parents want me to be ready for when I get married, if I get married." I nodded and we went back to dancing in silence. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Lilly and Amy sitting at a table with Sammy and John, drinking punch. Once the song ended, we headed over to sit with them. I had just sat down when Allison chirped, "I'll go get us some punch. You wait here!" Then she pranced off to the concessions table. I was soon sitting alone, as both couples that had been sitting with me got up as soon as some other random song started playing. So there I am, sitting alone, when Allen comes up with his little group of cronies and says to them, "This chick is Alex Browning." One of his friends laughed, "This chick is Alex? You mean the Alex that is completely flat chested and dresses like a dude? No way." I rolled my eyes and started humming along to the song that was playing. Allen answered, "Yeah, I mean that Alex. Apparently, she wears a chest binder. Isn't that weird? Like, totally crazy. Why would anyone want to hide those giant-". He was cut off by Allison clearing her throat behind him and saying, "Excuse me gentlemen, but are you bothering my date?" Allen rounded on her, then looked her up and down and stated in surprise, "Hey, you're that chick Allison, right? Why are you wearing a tux?" Allison's eye twitched slightly and she forced a smile, saying, "It's Austin. Or, at least, today it is. And I'm wearing a tux because I want to. If you have a problem, well, I don't really care. Now, please leave me and my date alone for the rest of the night." And he actually left us alone. We danced a few more times, but then decided to go outside since it was hotter than hell in the gym. As we wandered around the football fields, Allison stopped me and asked, "Alex, can I kiss you?" My face turned red as I nodded slightly. Then Allison leaned in close and our lips collided. We proceeded to make out for another ten minutes before going back inside and dancing some more.

So yeah, that was prom. Best. Day. Ever.

Signing off, Alex.

A/N: Woohoo! Alex gets her first kiss!