Mancave

I was nervous, i stood outside the Brooks house. I'd never met his brothers, or his mother, or his friends. What if they diddn't like me?

"I should probably just stop thinking about it, they'll like me - hopefully" I thought as i knocked on the metal fly-screen.

From somewhere in the house i heard an unfamiliar voice.

"I'll get it"

"Jai, get fucked, it's for me" I heard Beau yell.

The fly screen flew open to reveal Beau wearing a different snapbak to the one he wore yesterday, a t-shirt that said 'brooks' on it, and adidas sport shorts, with an old pair of vans.

"Ali" He said, a smile forming accross his face. He realised what a little kid he was being, so he stopped grinning and scratched the back of his neck.

"Wanna come inside?"

"Of course." I smiled, he gave me a quick tour of the lounge room, dining room etc, and we walked to the back of the house, where his younger brother Jai and his friend James were.

"Oi, guys, this is Ali." Beau interrupted their talking.

They looked up at me, and only seemed to be one or two years younger than Beau, Jai wore a navy blue beanie.

"Aww got a new girlfriend Beau?" Jai teased.

Beau gave a sarcastic laugh, "I've got another brother, but he's at tennis, you might meet him later." He said, before walking back into the hallway, and out the back door to a shed in the back corner,

He lead me in, and in there was a table tennis table, an old lounge, a dart board, posters of bands and a fridge full of liquor.

"So, this is your mancave?"

"Yeah, i guess, had some funny shit go down in here" He laughed, combing his hair out of his face.

We talked for a bit, sitting on the couch, and then had a game of table tennis, which through most of, we were hysterical. Beau won.

We decided to watch some scary movie, seeing as it was the only movie on at 2 in the morning. Beau fell asleep on the old couch, i sat next to him, my legs resting on his knees.

I tried to sleep but i could'nt. I could'nt stop thinking about Beau - he'd given me so many signs that he liked me, but i don't think i liked him back, i mean why? Why didn't i like him back? I wanted to, he's so outgoing, and funny, and perfect. I probably wasn't goint to find a guy like him ever again, he's outgoing and loud and hilarious, but there isn't a spark.

I had no idea why i wasn't feeling the way i wanted to feel.

I looked over at him, his head resting on the back of the lounge, snorring lightly, his chest moving up and down slowly.

I decided to get up and get some water, i slowly lifted one leg at a time off his knees, trying my best not to wake him up. I searched around everywhere for some water, a tap even. All i could find in the shed was alcahol.

I crept over to the door, and un latched the lock, and stepped out into the dewey morning darkness.