She's Mine: Epilogue

Start from the beginning

*

Troy quickly shut off the water to the kitchen sink and hurried to the island's counter.

He took a quick glance into the living room before answering the phone and smiling, I'll be there in a second."

Rushing to the front door, he made sure to open it quietly. His smile was even larger, seeing Emmy's glowing expression.

She whispered as she stepped in, "She still asleep?"

"Yep, and hopefully will still be for the next hour," he wished aloud while quickly hugging her.

Emmy was no stranger around the enormous, two-story house, and she hurried down the hall into next doorway revealing the kitchen and living room.

"Do I see my sugah boogah and doodlebugs?" Emmy asked into the open.

Lulu turned from the TV and jumped up from the floor, "Nana!"

Of course, the four-and-a-half year old was always trailed by her two-year-old, twin brothers who carried big smiles as they joined their big sister's trek to Emmy's open arms.

"Didn't I just see you last week? How are you all growing like sprouts?!"

Lulu's arms were locked around Emmy's neck in a tight hug, while the twins latched onto her arms. 

"Your daddy said that you have something to show me," Emmy claimed to the small boys.

They both put their hands on their heads and shyly twisted back and forth.

"New haircuts?!" Emmy exaggerated, and they nodded.

"My boys being shy?" Troy questioned with a grin.

They pulled their hands to the front and playfully covered their faces with their arms.

"C'mon now! Where's T.Rex?!" Troy laughed.

Immediately, the twins made claws with their hands and roared. The boys were naturally shy, like their mother, but once Theo and Rex heard the codename of their dynamic duo, they stomped around like the little dinosaurs printed all over their pajamas.

"Is everybody ready to surprise momma?" Emmy chuckled.

The boys roared again while Lulu nodded in excitement.

The family was about to venture up the stairs, but Lulu tugged at Troy's hand, "Daddy?"

He knelt down and smiled, "What's wrong Sweet Pea?"

"We can't do it without her," she pouted.

Troy looked up to the ceiling and thought about the consequences of including or not including who Lulu was pleading for.

"Please," she begged, lacing her fingers and stepping on her tippy-toes.

Troy didn't have much time to think with her brothers mimicking her– three little faces giving him the puppy eyes.

Their father tossed his head back, "Aww shucks, ya'll know I can't say no."

Emmy put her hand on her hip and threw him a side eye, before shattering the illusion and laughing, "That usually don't work on me, but I wouldn't be able to ignore those faces either."

The kids were ecstatic again, and were the first to rush up the stairs.

Eliza was sitting up in bed, pretending to be busy by being on her phone and hiding her smile from the sound of the ruckus outside the door.

The doorknob turned and she didn't look away from the screen. She curled in her lips, hearing them try to quietly confirm that she was– in fact– awake.

"Good morning," Emmy crooned, and Eliza was taken aback at the visitor.

"Emmy?" Eliza smiled.

Emmy walked in with a tray of pancakes cooked by the children and cut into a heart and a few stars that had shaky faces made of berries.

Eliza didn't have time to verbal praise the breakfast when she saw Lulu and her brothers quietly holding hands and entering the room in a line– each with enormous construction paper daisies of their own artistry.

Their mother covered her mouth and took in a deep breath. Her eyes were already watering. It was then that Troy carefully entered the room with their two-month old sleeping in his arms.

Emmy pet Eliza's hair enjoying her overjoyed expression for another holiday.

Lulu opened another giant construction paper craft. This time it was a card, and she unfolded in half to read, "Mommy and Nana, thanks for being the best mommies in the world. You are the prettiest, smartest, and lov... loveliest mommies ever. We love you. Happy Mother's Day."

Emmy was shocked that she was included, and shed a few tears of her own as the small children immediately attacked her and Eliza with energetic hugs.

Troy walked to his wife with their youngest child. The parents smiled at the large eyes that had recently opened from her older siblings' hysterics. Eliza opened her arms and took in Emma– named by Lulu who claimed it was so Nana Emmy would always be around. 

"You've come a long way in such little time," Emmy confessed to Eliza while admiring the small baby.

The mother of four nodded and smiled, watching her husband and children setting up four paper flowers near a collection of picture frames. Eliza was a sponge to their laughs and smiles, especially her eldest's. Her little face was familiar, Eliza's genes dominating her features. Lulu looked so much like her mother in her youth, except she would have a reason to smile everyday with a big family and place to call home. 

Emmy brought the tearful mom close, and kissed her temple before whispering, "Happy Mother's Day, baby."

------------------------------------------------------------------

I was so anxious to upload that I forgot to write a 'thank you' message? My goodness! 

Anyways, thank you all who have made it up to the very end! Though I loved writing "Mine",  I'm very happy that I was able to finish another story. It was fun reading all of the commentary as I uploaded, and many of you don't realize how much you actually contributed to the telling of the story.

Thank you all for reading! I can't wait to start uploading the next story very, very soon. :D