Chapter 13: Bundle of Bloody Cloathes

I search around the room looking for permanent markers, I find 6, one fine tip and 5 normal. I wish I was teaching art class, the kids could choose the colors for me, or even help me with the sign. But they aren't here, I'm alone.
I walk over to the large window overlooking the country and use one of the 5 normal markers I write the letter c backwards on the right side of the window. I continue the outline of the letters with the same marker. When I'm done the outline I take another color and begin to fill the words.
I take a step back admiring my work. Though it took 2 hours to do I'm thrilled that all the people of country ten can see the words "come away with me".
I run/limp down the the hall, out the door and over to my cell to find the man still in there.
"Where's the first aid supplies?" I order.
"Why'd I tell you that?" The rude man replies, snarling in my direction.
"Because you have nothing better to do." I say, though I know it's a long shot it's worth a try, I won't be able to find anything in this gigantic building.
"Turn on your first right, take the elevator down to the 2nd floor, and turn right again. It'll be down the hall." He responds grumpily.
"Thanks" I say following his directions.
Once I reach the medical care room, I quickly find some gauss and cover my foot in it. I locate crutches and begin to head towards the elevators to go down to the first floor, but once I get there it is occupied by a country 10 protecter.
"Hey, what are you doing!" The man yells in a low voice.
I pause. I consider running but with my injury I wouldn't be getting away fast enough. I pull up my right crutch and drive it straight into his crotch. When he falls to the ground and drops his gun, I grab it and aim it at his head. I press the elevator button for level 1 and wait until we get there.
Casual elevator music plays as I point the gun at his forehead. When we reach the first level I re-adjust my aim and wince as I fire at his leg. I walk out the door trying not to listen to his cries of pain.
I use the 1 crutch as a walking stick, carrying it in my left hand, and leave the other behind so I can handle my gun.

******

Outside is a chaotic mess. People wearing black fight others wearing white. Though there should be a large portion of people in white only around 400 fight for those who aren't country protectors are in hiding. There are around 200 in black, but they fight back hard, hitting people down with sweeps of there feet and the pointing a gun at the head. I think about running out and fighting myself, but then I realize that I to am wearing white.
I search around the area looking for some way to switch my clothes.
I find a dead man wearing black and apologize silently as I pull off his clothes. I limp away from the naked stranger carrying his bundle of bloody clothes in my arms.
I make it to the building I'd been trapped in and and pull off my pants, quickly replacing them with the black pair. I keep my white shirt on and put the jacket on overtop.
I grab my gun and head into the crowd of people wearing black.

*******

Things are tough, the war has been going on for 2 months and we are loosing people quickly. Some have a terrible sickness from the gas bombs the people in white fire. Our head quarters are full of the wounded, the infirmary is over flowed with people, they have set up blankets down the halls for those who are injured to lay on.

I myself lay on a blanket.

Lucas is here beside me, and so is my dad, They tell me the adventures of breaking into the center building through the sewer system as though they're stories.
Lucas explains that me breaking out the first time had distracted the guards of the building just enough for the main crew to sneak in, hack into the computers and leave a little message on one of the papers they found on the ground for me.
Dad tells me how when I wrote the words "Come away with me" on the window for everyone to see it gave everyone hope. The words now mean create hope.
They tell me how now I too am a symbol of change for the greater good and how the words that I had shouted at the most recent country gathering had started a riot against them. Lucas said that by the time they got here to convince people to rebel there job was pretty much done.

I can't wait to see Derek. I've been told that he'll come visit me once the war has finished but I have no idea how long it'll take. I don't even know if I'll be here then, if I'll be back out fighting or in a better place. But I can't stand waiting for him to come when there's no guarantee that he will.