1 : A Horrible Day

October 8th in the year of 2015

'You promised yourself that weren't gonna cry

Remember... Don't cry... Don't cry... Don't....*sniffles*'

"Sara...looked long and hard at his face.'Are you learning me by heart, little Sara?' he said...'No,' she answered. 'I know you by heart. You are inside my heart."

I was reading ' A Little Princess' by Frances Hodgson Burnett.

I've read it before, five times to be exact. I have always loved that story, about the 7-year-old Sara Crewe being sent to a boarding school in London. The beauty, pain, and imagination of the novel has always stuck to me as a child. My mom read it to me when I was the same age as the character, Sara.  I adored the character's bravery and way of coping through her time as a poor servant, just by being kind, polite, and generous. Just like a princess...

That's why I've always loved books. The plot, the characters, the morals! It's like living someone's life just by looking at some words on paper.

The way a book takes me to a different place is the same way my favorite band helps me to remember, forget, or come up with a place in my mind. Listening to The Beatles was my favorite way of going into my " Wonderland". Their vocals would speak to me in a way that no book could. It could be hypnotic, romantic, sad, angry, happy, or just a song for me to bob my head to.

Sometimes, I could care-less about what others say about my type of music, because it's all about whether  Classic rock music is what made me the most happy.

I sat on my chaise, closing the book I was reading. I yawned and stretched my arms and legs tiredly. Staring at the clock, I thought, " How long have I been reading?"

    ' 4:20 pm'

" Oh shit! My dance tryout! I'm gonna be late..." I jumped off my chair and ran upstairs to my bedroom.

" I didn't even take a freakin' shower!" I yelled in a fustrated voice.

'After I came home from school, I was so caught up in a book?' yeah right... The instructor wouldn't take that excuse. ' My dog died.' You don't have dog, idiot!

After quickly slipping into my dance outfit (and stubbing my toe in the process ), I grabbed my book, satchel, phone, and wallet. I also almost forgot my keys, but remembered that it was in my bag already. I did a double check as I headed out the yard, then raced for my bike.

" 5 minutes!" I breathed out as I started to pedal out into the street. My hair brushed against my shoulders as the wind made it flutter and fly around. I literally almost got hit a couple of times, while trying to avoiding traffic. I was scared that it would be too late and I would lose my chance. After all, I did transfer to a different dance class. I kinda slapped another dancer for saying rather rude and ugly things about me .

Yep...

It was an old friend of mine named Jenny Oslan; that turned her back on me once we had started elementary. I was tired of her years of rude words and rumors about me. I mean, she still likes to tease me at school, but thats it.

I made it to the class a minute before they called me for the tryout, luckliy, I guess. A bunch of girls were lined up and stretching, and preparing for it, but in a way that it was every girl for themselves. And man! They were so thin and fit! compared to them, I was chunky and weak, even though I was thin to begin with. Plus, everyone was so strict and uptight about every little thing.