“Yeah,” She walks out of her room in a grey winter coat and black knitted beret with black jeans and grey ankle boots.

 I smile at her and she walks over to say hello. She leans up to press her lips to mine lightly before Annie coughs loudly behind Aisha, breaking us apart.

 “Sorry!” Aisha says loudly, laughing as she turns to look at her.

 “Shall we go?” I ask.

 “Yeah, one sec!” She turns to grab her bag before telling me she’s ready.

 Aisha had met the Starkid’s a few times before, but only for short amounts of time, so this will be nice.

And I have a surprise for her…

 Which I need to tell Annie about, so she is in the loop.

 Damn, I forgot to phone her and tell her about it.

 I take my phone out as we walk down to my car and send Annie a text, explaining my plan, careful to not show Aisha what was on the screen.

Aisha’s POV

Darren’s being secretive.

 I’m not sure what’s up but he’s on his phone and leaning it to one side; intentionally making sure I couldn’t see a thing. Not that I would, I mean I respect his privacy and all but he’s being very weird.

 He puts his phone away as Annie’s goes off and I can’t help but think they’re texting each other.

What are they hiding though?

 We reach the party and I am greeted with big hugs from all of the female Starkid’s as well as all the males that I know. One hug that I remembered in particular was from Joe (Walker, that is). He came over to me so I was like:

 “Oh, hey Joe-”  He didn’t let me finish but ran at me and picked me up, swinging me round about three times before almost dropping me.

 “JOE! JOE! PUT ME DOWN!” I scream from over his shoulder, hitting his back lightly and swinging my legs around, laughing as I do. I could hear everyone else laughing around us until I hear Darren’s voice instead.

 “Alright Joe! That’s enough, put my girlfriend down!” He laughs and I watch him come over, reaching for me. He takes me from Joe and I burst out laughing with everyone as I hug Darren tightly.

 We laugh and goof around for a while, until it’s about half past eleven and Lauren’s like:

 “GUYS! Shall we go down to the park, because they do awesome fireworks and it’s really cool and stuff!” She fades out near the end and is met with general agreement to her plan.

 As we leave, Darren and I allow everyone else to go a few steps in front of us, including Annie, who was fitting in with the Starkid’s grandly and was laughing at a joke with Lauren and Brolden at this very moment.

 As we walk, we let our entwined hands swing between us, laughing and talking about how our Christmases were. We had met up on Christmas day for about two hours, where I met Darren’s parents and he spoke to mine again. Our families met, FINALLY, and we had a lot of fun.

 “You know, this is our first Christmas, and now first New Year, together,” Darren says, stopping me so that he could look at me properly and I smile before replying:

 “The first of many,” I look up at him and after a moment he leans down carefully, brushing his lips gently across mine. We stay together like that for a long moment.