King Of Hearts (Epilogue)

Start from the beginning

I felt like Cinderella without her prince, "You make unexpected plans." I started, "You make promises that you don't keep and that hurts. You don't seem to care about me sometimes, like I really rather stay in there, because it's so amazing but you wanted to go out." I took a deep breath.

Words can spin hearts, break melodies and truths or lies but whatever you've said, they can't be taken back.

Duke was quiet, "Are you asking me to change?"

"No," I said firmly, "Be who you want to be."

"I want to be perfect for you, Adeline."

"No Duke, Do it for you, I fell for you because you're spontaneous, and you're as free as a bird. When you came to my house unannounced, I was angry but that was you. I knew that. I think when it came down to it, I romanticised it. I think when it came to liking you and being with you. It's two different things."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Duke asked finally as my words digested.

I smiled, it's not a happy one. It's been coming for so long I wasn't happy, "I don't think I'm right for you, maybe then before Ivy or maybe much later after her, I could be, as for now." I paused, "I'm not ready. I'm young, I want the perfect prince. You were dashing at the start, Duke, I just kept you on a pedestal."

"The pedestal fell?"

"It did."

"So it's not me, but it's you?"

"Yes, I'm sorry Duke," I told him. Somewhere in our conversation we had drifted closer together, Duke rests his arms on my waist, pulling me closely for a hug and a chaste stolen kiss.

"Have I ever told you, you're beautiful?"

"Quite often, aren't you supposed to be angry at me?" I asked. The last times I've ended things in a relationship, there were no compliments just more flaws pointed out, the popular was, you exepected too much of me. I didn't understand his stolen kiss or his compliments or why this unpredictable movement has set my heart racing faster.

Duke shook his head, he closed the distance for a kiss, and he pulled away as I leaned in. "I'm not, because you still like me, and I still like you." He grinned, "Now I know what the issue is, I think we can make it work."

"What is the issue?" I asked, still feeling perplexed and confused but wanting to kiss him again.

Duke smiled, 'Unrealistic expectations." He moved closer stealing another kiss, '"It's perfectly fine Adeline because I love you and I know you love me to." His hands rested on my waist and he closed his eyes, his forehead resting on mine. "A relationship takes a lot of work, Adeline and understanding. For you, It'll be worth it." "- Adeline Stone

_________________  

EDWARD IS A bloody nightmare on wheels.

Friday had come and passed with the only event of Edward bugging Ethan and I at his house. We had solved that by heading to my house.

On the night of prom though, Edward decided to come bloody late. Ethan honestly wanted to rent a limo. He wanted prom night to be special for us. God bless, romantic boys. I told him it was fine, he didn't have to pay a hefty sum for a limo. So reluctantly he agreed.

I keep forgetting I would have to bear with Edwards driving. I should have gotten the limo. Thirty minutes late I hear the horn from Etha- Edwards car. I jumped so did my parents who decided to wait with me. Peeking from the window Ethan rushed up the pathway and rang the bell. He didn't have ring because my mother already opened the door.