APoM: Our Lives Chapter 3

Yes, the end is rather cliche/ Twilight...but read it and weep. Or comment. Or vote. Either works. Oh, and Italics stand for 'thoughts' and flashback in this chapter. But not to worry, you will know what is flashback and what is thoughts. Now, please enjoy. Note for your thoughts: I tried to paint a picture with words for the ending. Please, admire the final stroke of the brush.

CHAPTER THREE -- Last dance under the moon and stars

The party had been announced a week later. And was planned for the week after. So all in all we had three weeks to prepare. Because I was mainly used to going to the party as a girl, I had to go out shopping for clothes. While I was at it I just bought myself some new clothes full stop. Better now than never, besides, I had no idea how long I would be like this.

Anyways.

Going out shopping had actually not been my idea. When I had mentioned that I had nothing for the party, Annabelle and Jalex had taken that as an opportunity to drag me off to the shopping mall. That occurence had taken hours. And I mean HOURS. And Fenrir had tagged along. I shudder in memory.

xXFlashBackXx

"Ooh! This should look good on you Loki!" Annabelle squealed as she held up a white shirt and a black jacket. I blanched.

"Eh! No! I mean sure, I'll wear it at home." I amended, trying to cut down the time that this trip would take. That obviously did not work. Annabelle only smiled as she loaded the shirt and jacket onto a chuckling Fenrir. What was HE so happy about?!

"Hey! Loki! Go try this on." Jalex handed me a pair of black pants. More black. "And this," A deep blue shirt. What? "And this." She finished, dropping a red shirt into my hands too.

Nodding, I made my way to the changing rooms and struggled to get the clothes on. I mean really, what pair of pants needs that many zippers?! When I had finished, I tentatively stepped out of the security of the changing room.

"This any good?" I asked, as I turned around in a circle, red shirt fluttering slightly. The pants jingled slightly due to the monumental number of zips that adorned my legs.

Sadly and thankfully both Jalex and Annabelle shook their heads, blond curls and brunette strands flying this way and that as the two vigorously disapproved. 'Thank Odin.' I muttered, turning around and ditching the clothes the minute I stepped back behind the curtain.

Next shop. This one was one of those dead expensive pure brand stores. Something I could picture Draco Malfoy shopping in. If he were a normal human. And if he was real.

Jalex and Annabelle located another ton's worth of clothing in quick succession, most of them in the shades of black, red and white, but some where purple, forest brown and green amongst other things.

"Right. And I have to try on all of this?" I muttered, raising a white eyebrow. Both of my pack mates nodded, much to my despair. We had been here for HOURS. When would this end!?

"Fine." I snapped, grabbing the clothes and nearly falling over in the process. "But we have to go get food after this!" I added as I made my way into the fancy changing rooms of the store. Right. Rich place, no?

Outfit after outfit passed over my body as I was turned into a model for my three companions. Yet all I could do was stand by silently and do what the 'fashion masters' told me too. Woop-di-blasted-doo.

Finally I got to the last set of clothes. A pair of black pants (again) that really clung to my legs amongst other places....a shirt the color of my eyes and a jacket as black as the night. White stripes raced down my legs in lighting bolts. The jacket hung down to my knees, making it look like the coat that Sherlock wore. Or a robe. I like robes. The inside of the coat was dark green. Very dark. It looked very similar to black.