Chapter Thirty-Two

Start from the beginning

There was a black carpet that stretched to all fours on the roof. In the middle was the school's logo, which was stitched with white. White roses flooded the rails and arches. Brian offered me his hand and I gladly accepted it. I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. The music changed to something more calm and we began to sway in sync. I then realized we were slow dancing. I opened my eyes and stared into his. 

"I'm so happy I have a girl like you." he whispered and kissed my cheek.

A smile lit my face.

"I'm so happy I have a guy like you."

"You stepped on my foot." he chuckled.

I purposely stepped on it again and he laughed.

"You're cute."

"And you're very handsome."

The song changed into something more upbeat and I lifted my head from his shoulder.

"Swing?"

"Sure."

Grabbing his hands, the song became even more upbeat and we started to swing. I gasped when he picked me up from my sides and threw me into the air. I did not expect this. With a gasp, I landed on my feet and we continued to dance. There was an applause and I then realized we were being watched. 

"Seriously Brian." 

"What?"

"That.."

"I couldn't help it, haha." he said with a smile, "I'm sorry I scared you."

I laughed and a smile lit my face again.

"You make me so happy." I said.

"I do?"

"Yes."

In response, he lifted me off of the ground and held me above him. I tried not to laugh, but it ended up coming out. The music changed and he put me down. I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him. He hugged me tightly to him and kissed me back. Then, someone hit us from behind. Brian and I jumped and I looked at the couple that was dancing.

"Sorry, if you're going to do that, I suggest you go to the side. People are dancing."

I'm not sure if it was the music, but that voice sounded familiar. It... sounded extremely familiar. Before I could say anything, the he spun the woman and changed his position. I don't understand, who was that? I didn't even analyze his face correctly.

"One second, Brian." I said and stepped up to the man.

"Sir, who are you?"

I followed him around like a lost dog, yet got no response. After the song was finished, the lady yawned.

"I'm going to go get something to drink, I'm getting a little tired."

She walked away and I turned to the man.

"Sir, I've been following you for about five minutes asking you the same question. Take off your mask."

They sighed and looked at me. I then noticed they had blue eyes. Their facial scruff is pretty nice, if only Brian could get one. Speaking of Brian, he came behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Who is this guy?" he said, a little bit of jealousy laced in his voice.

"I don't know." I said with a frown, "But they look familiar."

The guy turned arorund and began to walk away. I grabbed his arm and he paused.

"Who are you?" I asked.