Chapter 63

Credit due to the original writer

______

Chapter 63

A loud ding was heard as the elevator opened and we walked out on our floor. Just as we did, I spotted everyone coming out from Lou’s and Harry’s apartment, running towards us. 

“There they are!”, Louis shouted and pointed towards us. I smiled weakly as he stopped in front of me and put his hands on my shoulders. “What have you been doing?!”, he asked me. 

“I went for a walk”, I sighed and smiled at him. 

“Usually when people go on walks, they prefer to walk when it’s not raining”, he said and pulled me into a hug. 

“I got lost!”, I chuckled. 

“Then you use that little thing called a phone!”. 

“But I was out of battery!”. 

“Well then you have to call for help!”. 

“There was no one out”, I said and looked up at him. He raised his eyebrows at me and cupped my face. 

“Superman will always hear you”, he said in a cheesy voice. I was then hugged by each of the boys and then Eleanor. Niall stood there the whole time, right behind me. 

“How are you guys…”, Liam asked after the hugs ended, and he looked at me and Niall. 

“I’m fine”, I stated. 

“I’m fine too”, Niall said. Liam gave us a short nod, even though I had a feeling he wasn’t  completely satisfied. I knew he was referring to ‘how is it between you guys’, but I didn’t want to talk about it. There was a slight silence, and everyone looked at me and Niall. I felt a bit awkward and let out a light yawn. ”Well… it’s quite late”, Niall said. The others nodded, and he started walking up to his apartment. 

“Yeah well, better get some sleep too, see you guys tomorrow”, Louis said and put his arm around Eleanor’s waist. Harry followed them and I waved them goodbye, standing left with Liam and Zayn. I looked over at Zayn and his eyes softnened. 

“Look Zayn”, I said and my eyes shot down to the floor. “I’m sorry about last night”. Wow, I think this was a quote of mine now. 

“Baby, what are you talking about”, Zayn said and embraced me. “You can always come to me”. 

“Or me”, Liam added and ruffled my hair. 

“You guys are so kind, and I just mess everything up”, I sighed. 

“No you don’t”, they both said and I gave them a warm smile 

“So…”, Liam started and I knew he was about to ask what happened. “What did you guys fight about?”. 

“It was my fault, I was tired, and I yelled at him for no reason at all”, I sighed. 

“There must have been a reason”, Zayn said. Yes, there was a reason. There was quite a good reason too, but that I couldn’t tell them. 

“No”, I replied shortly. “I was just… exhausted, and tired, and… you know”. Zayn nodded slightly. Suddenly Liam put his arms to my shoulders and rubbed them slightly. 

“Now, go get changed before you get sick”. I sighed. 

“I have a question”, I started. 

“What?”. 

“When you guys call me baby, it’s just a joke right? Or am I actually a baby in your eyes?”. They both smiled at me. I thought about how Annie had treated me today, how she had looked down at me. Embarrassed me in front of Niall. I wondered if the guys actually did think I was a little helpless baby, like Annie, or if was just a nickname. 

“You’re just little, that’s all”, Zayn said. 

“It’s just because you’re just… our baby”, Liam shrugged. “Because we love you”. 

“It’s not because…”, I hesitated. “…I’m pathetic or helpless or anything?”. 

“No!”, they both exclaimed. “Where would you get that idea from?”, Liam asked. Annie. 

“Nowhere”, I replied and gave them a smile. “Well, better get changed, see you guys tomorrow”.