Chapter 49

Credit due to the original writer

___________

Chapter 49

Two hours passed, and no Niall showed up. It was getting quite late and I moved up to my bedroom, seating in front of my computer. Just then, my phone buzzed. It was Mick. Why would he call me this late on a saturday. 

“Mick, hey”, I said as I pressed the green button. 

“Hey”, he said. “I have some bad news”. I could feel my stomach fill with ice, please let the movie be fine! 

“It isn’t the movie, is it?”, I whispered. 

“No, nothing about that, it’s fine”, he replied. My shoulders sank in relieve. “It’s about the report”. 

“Oh”. 

“Have you finished yours?”. 

“Yes”, I replied. “Long ago”. 

“Ok, cause well”, he sounded apologetic. “I kind of have to go away, until tomorrow night, and won’t be able to finish mine in time”. I knew where this was going. We were supposed to deliver them tomorrow by email. 

“You want me to write yours for you?”, I sighed. 

“Would you”, he said and sounded happy. “You’re the best Charlie”. 

“Yeah”, I mumbled. I would now be sitting up all night to finish his. 

“Ok, see you on monday, bye!”.

“Bye”, I said and the phone went dead. I sighed in frustration. This would take all night. Doing mine had taken almost four hours, it wasn’t just small details we had to fill out, it was every single minute we had spent on this project noted down, and I had to write it all over again. If I copied it from mine it wouldn’t be accepted. Better get started if I wanted to get some hours of sleep tonight.