Chapter 47

Credit due to the original writer

___________

Chapter 47

The movie started and I nibbled on the popcorn, trying to control my hunger. But the movie was nice, and there were few people around us. I felt Annie’s hand place over mine and tried not to feel awkward. I took a mouthful of popcorn and continued watching. We got though the movie, and she had barely even touched the popcorn. 

“This was nice”, Annie said as we walked over to her car. She smiled brightly at me.

“Yeah, it was”, I replied, returning the smile. 

“Thanks for coming with me”, she said and took my hand. I smiled and gave her a nod. Again we had to push through the sea of fans and pap’s to get to the car. Annie drove me home. She stopped outside the complex, and I looked over at her. It was now dark outside. 

“Well, thank’s for everything”, I said as I was about to open the car door. Annie locked her hazel eyes to mine and then slowly bent forward. I knew what was about to happen, and couldn’t deal with it. “Hey, hey”, I said softly to stop her. 

“What?”, she said. “You don’t feel the same way? We had a great night out and…”, she said frustrated. 

“I know”, I mumbled. “But, this was just to get to know each other. Don’t take this the wrong way, but… I think maybe you’re moving way too fast”. She sighed and I felt more awkward than ever. 

“If that’s how you feel”. 

“I barely know you, and I…”, I didn’t even know what to say. How could she think I would actually kiss her after one night out. I didn’t even feel anything like that towards her, she was beautiful, but she was… not Charlie.

“I understand, I only felt like we had a spark”, she said and smiled again. Well, she seemed fine at least. 

“Yeah, well I’d like for us to be friends”. She smiled and nodded. 

“Promise me you’ll go out with me again?”. I hesitated. Promise? Think Niall, think of something really smart to say. I wish I had Harry here to tell me what to do. 

“I’ll call you”, I chuckled nervously. She flashed a smile and giggled confidently. 

“Be sure to do that”. I gave her a last smile before leaving the car. I wiped my forehead, and breathed out in relive as I almost ran for the door to our complex.